please help on rgb Sony 7700

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by I am maximus, Jan 10, 2001.

1. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just bought a Sony 7700 dvd for £565,I had to replace the one I bought yesterday from Tru-fi.On connecting via Ixos scart to the RGB of a Panasonic pf10 I then had horizontal stripes through the picture.
    When the dvd is set to svhs the lines disappear completeley any ideas???I have changed the scart lead 3 times,disc several times(various)region 2.I took the player to my place of work and tried it on the 36 pf10 and still had the lines on RGB please help if you can.
    Thanks in advance
    Maximus

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Does this occur on region2 and region1 material?

3. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply,to answer your question at the moment the player only plays region 2 it is about to be sent to techtronics for a upgrade.I have fresh news since yesterday I have tried it on a friends Toshiba and the lines are not present on RGB.
    On contacting Sony they suggested to talk to Panasonic as the tv could not be recognize the RGB being a source for the problem.After speaking to customer service at Panasonic they suggested the fault lay with the DVCO on the service menu.I have the service code for that and have fiddled with it but to no evail any suggestions out there.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Hmm Panasonic seem to be a bit quick to recommend the DVCO setting for every problem.

How did you adjust the DVCO setting : what material did you use? PAL colour bars?

5. dorgan

dorgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting the exact same problem that you're describing. I'm using a Pioneer DV-626D and Panasonic TX-32PK20F connecte via scart using RGB. I haven't contacted Panasonic yet but if you have managed to resolve this problem please let me know what you did.
    Thanks.

6. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my SONY 7700 for almost 2 years.
    I have used different SONY's TV 29-32 and a JVC 32. Always with RGB.
    In none of the cases there is no any lines or colouring.
    Regards,
    EN

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with my Toshiba 3327, the fault was multiple syncs recieved via the scart i/p due to poor source switching in the set.

The solution was to remove pin 20 from the scart lead from the dvd (composite/luma in) but make sure you set the player to RGB first as this lead wont work in composite or s-video after.

I cant guarantee this will solve your problem, but it sure worked on the tosh!

8. Dave R

Dave R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a similar problem on the DVP-S7700 although I suspect it may be due to the way my oldish TV handles NTSC.
    Same effect as you describe, but on both RGB and S-video, but only on Region 1, not Region 2.
    I'm going to hook it up to a newer TV next week, so will post you an update then.