Please help on giving an estimated price to my Loewe Mimo Tv - thanks.

chrisjoanne

Standard Member
Hi

I purchased 2 x Loewe 32" Mimo Tv's around 2 years ago (1 for the living room and the other for the bedroom).
I'm looking at getting a larger screen for the living room and my friend is interested in purchasing one of the Tv's.
I believe I paid around £1300 and can not fault the tv at all.
It has an incredible picture quality and really can't see any other 32" CRT Tv being better than this - and my mate knows it too. The comments from people when they see the quality is great to hear.
I'm looking to sell at a fair price for both of us (don't want to give it away and also don't want to rob him too).
Have you guys got a ball park figure to what I could ask.
I realise it's quite difficult to price as its a CRT, but I also know there is a huge percentage of AV users who wouldn't swap a CRT for plasma or LCD at the moment too and the Loewe Tv's hold there price well.
Cheers for any help.
Chris

Jenn

Distinguished Member
Not sure about your model but on Ebay a 32" Aconda 9581ZWH with glass stand (original price at John Lewis £1970) sold for £362 on 29 December.

Another Vitros 6381 was on with a buy it now price of £225 but didn't sell.

Hope this helps.

chrisjoanne

Standard Member
£362 :eek: .....bloody hell.....there's a bargain!

I think I may just keep it for the kids bedroom - it'll kill me to sell it for less than £400.

I feel as though I'm being left out on the LCD/Plasma phenomena.

All my mates (who know very little about AV) are buying 40" + tv's at the drop of a hat.

......you know the type; just walk into the local Comet store and ask the 1st sales assistant for their views on a "future proof" 42" Plasma tv......and ten minutes later sticking £1000 on their MBNA card.

It makes me quite annoyed that they are (probably) getting the wrong advice or being sold a dud.....instead of asking the guys on here or reading reviews available online from the pro's who know what they're talking about.

Chris

D

Deleted member 30535

If one considers you can get a Samsung 40" LCD for just over £600 (my son bought one last July from AJ Electronics), I doubt you'd get more than £350 for a 32" CRT, and realistically nearer £300 than £350.

Jenn

Distinguished Member
That's the problem, now you can't give away CRT TVs, everyone wants a plasma/LCD screen making CRTs' value drop to next to nothing.

Drd

Of course,it's not only CRT's.Many of us paid a small fortune for our plasma screens a few years ago and they would be worth a tiny fraction of the purchase price now.I've no regrets,I'm still impressed with mine,it's just that everything electronic is becoming cheaper/disposable.Personally I'd keep the crt set.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom