Please help! On a rollercoaster with tv choice and want to get off!

BorisBlade69

Novice Member
I purchased a 75 inch LG nano90 from Costco that took 16 days to arrive and then broke after 2 days, I swiftly returned it for a full refund. To be honest I rushed in to that purchase because the tv had all the features I was looking for a lowish price.

The tv will be used for watching football and playing Xbox series x so I am looking for hdmi 2.1, [email protected], VRR and ALLM. It will rarely be used for movies or tv shows. The couch is roughly 13-14ft away from the screen so I think I need at least 75 inches?
The room can be either bright or dark, though I tend to game or watch football with at least 1 lamp on and I also have mood lighting in a recessed ceiling. Budget is flexible, although I’d rather not go up to OLED prices unless absolutely necessary for my needs

I went in to Richer Sounds today and got prices for a Samsung qn85a 75 inch, LG C1 OLED 77 inch and Samsung AU9000 75 inch. The latter can do [email protected] but only [email protected]

I am put off of the Samsung’s because of no Dolby vision (though I don’t know how important that is for me?) and put off the LG because of burn-in risk (and price).

These aren’t the only choices and I am open to other suggestions, though I am put off by Sony’s lack of VRR out of the box.

I know this is a bad time to buy but I need a tv soon as the room currently is without, I wish we were nearer November…
My last resort is buy a cheaper tv from Costco and take it back nearer Black Friday and get something I really want then, naughty- but doable.

Thanks so much for any help!

Attachments

• 34DFD84B-1CC2-47C2-9B94-235F9BB6BE95.jpeg
    34DFD84B-1CC2-47C2-9B94-235F9BB6BE95.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 35

Dodgexander

Have you seen my guide here:

It contains only 2020 models, since 2021 models remain overpriced. One thing that's taken into consideration in the guide is HDR picture quality, which is very important for games. More important than HDMI 2.1 even. Usual choices to tick all boxes are the Samsung Q90T/Q95T. Best to try pick up a 2020 model at a discount now, than to overpay for 2021 stock.

But if you do set your eyes on a 2021 model, buy later at a time when prices aren't so high. Black Friday is a good time to start shopping for new models each year.

BorisBlade69

Novice Member
Have you seen my guide here:

It contains only 2020 models, since 2021 models remain overpriced. One thing that's taken into consideration in the guide is HDR picture quality, which is very important for games. More important than HDMI 2.1 even. Usual choices to tick all boxes are the Samsung Q90T/Q95T. Best to try pick up a 2020 model at a discount now, than to overpay for 2021 stock.

But if you do set your eyes on a 2021 model, buy later at a time when prices aren't so high. Black Friday is a good time to start shopping for new models each year.
Excellent guide, thank you. I do play a lot of fifa so didn’t consider the extra burn on risks associated with that game.

I was looking at a Q80T as a potential candidate, although struggling to find any in 75”. Which is a shame!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom