Please help, no audio but have picture

Antek55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all, thanks for any help in advance. I'm trying to connect the ps5 to a projector and soundbar. I have one hdmi cable going from the ps5 to the hdmi1 port on the projector and I'm getting picture just fine. Then I have another hdmi cord going from the hdmi arc port on the soundbar to the hdmi2/mhl port on the projector. But I'm not getting any sound from the soundbar. Any help would be much appreciated thanks. Ps5 does not have any fiber optic ports and only has one hdmi port.

Hello all, thanks for any help in advance. I'm trying to connect the ps5 to a projector and soundbar. I have one hdmi cable going from the ps5 to the hdmi1 port on the projector and I'm getting picture just fine. Then I have another hdmi cord going from the hdmi arc port on the soundbar to the hdmi2/mhl port on the projector. But I'm not getting any sound from the soundbar. Any help would be much appreciated thanks. Ps5 does not have any fiber optic ports and only has one hdmi port.
It sounds like the projector isn’t sending the audio out of its ARC port.
The best option would be to plug the PlaySation5 directly into the sound bar to ensure it works.

I tried that and still no luck. I did test the same set up with the ps4 and it works and sounds great. The ps4 uses a fiber optic port which the ps5 does not have.

I tried that and still no luck. I did test the same set up with the ps4 and it works and sounds great. The ps4 uses a fiber optic port which the ps5 does not have.
Ok, go into your settings and change the sound out to Sound bar and Dolby. See if that works?
Also ensure your HDMI cable is certified.

Ok, go into your settings and change the sound out to Sound bar and Dolby. See if that works?
Also ensure your HDMI cable is certified.
Tried all of that already. I mean the cables should be certified I think. It works with the ps4 just fine. I also already been playing the ps5 through the projector and using the projectors speakers for the audio in the meantime

I found solution guys, I ended up getting a 2 port hdmi splitter and plugging everything through that. Sounds amazing now. Thanks for the help!

My son had a slightly different experience today, he came in to me saying my TV screen is going black to very faint blue and black again on the PS5. Sure it was the HDMI connection I first took the cable out and replaced it but still the same, then replaced the HDMI cable but still no joy. Finally thought it must be the PS5 so took it to another TV where it worked fine, so it must be his TV that the problem so took the SKY Q mini connected to the other TV and tried it on his TV and it worked perfectly. So whatever has happened all of a sudden the PS5 no longer works on his TV… very odd indeed. Had to run to the local store and get him a new TV.

If anyone has any idea as to what has happened I am all ears because this is a real head scratcher.

Have you tried all Inputs on the TV?

Also try hooking up the PS5 and force it into its low resolution mode then if you get an image you can step it back up to the optimal resolution for your Display.

Some older displays did have a weird habit of suddenly not working with one or more source devices!

Joe

Have you tried all Inputs on the TV?
Tried all three and btw it had worked on this TV for 12 months prior to today.
Also try hooking up the PS5 and force it into its low resolution mode then if you get an image you can step it back up to the optimal resolution for your Display.
When I took it to the other TV I checked the resolution setting and it was on Auto so should have set itself to what the screen was capable of though the TV was a 4K anyway.
Some older displays did have a weird habit of suddenly not working with one or more source devices!

Joe
The TV is 3.5 years old, not really old but I think you are right that it has all of a sudden just decided to stop working.

He’s the only one still living with us at home and being in a wheelchair his gaming is everything to him so I treated him to a 48” OLED. Not a bad additional Christmas present.

Try forcing the PS5 into safe mode when connected to the ‘faulty’ TV and then step up through the resolutions.

It is also worth trying a different HDMI cable.

Joe

Try forcing the PS5 into safe mode when connected to the ‘faulty’ TV and then step up through the resolutions.

It is also worth trying a different HDMI cable.

Joe
Did all the above with no joy. Like I said a head scratcher for sure.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom