1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help! Need to disable child lock on Phillips DVD755VR!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NazninY, Dec 25, 2004.

1. NazninY

NazninY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

Could somebody out there please help me! I have a phillips DVD 755 VR combi dvdv n vcr player, but i have lost the original remote n now i cant disable and turn off the child lock! :oops:
    I bought one of those universal type replacement remotes by Phillips itself (RU 865), and dont know how to program it turn child lock off! as i cant even use the VCR now?

can someone please let me know if there is a way to 'reset' the machine and turn the locks off so i can program the new remote or at least use the buttons on the front of the player! :lease:

Thank u!!!!

Naz x

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Your best bet is to get an original replacement remote. Also this Philips is actually an LG product so you may find an LG remote is cheaper. Might be worth keeping an eye on ebay to see if anyone sells a bare remote control. Have you contacted Philips?

3. NazninY

NazninY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i did, philips told me an original remote would cost around £55!!!! which is ridiculous! how do u know its an LG product? which LG remote wud i need to get??

thnx xxxx!!

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Philips and LG are quite chummy nowadays. They share ownership of a tube and LCD manufacturing division. LG make combi's for various other firms too including Thomson, well they used to anyway a year or so ago I think the chinese brands are muscling in now and taking over a lot of this business. Hence the reason prices are dropping on combi's.

I don't know which LG directly corresponds with the Philips model. I suspect most LG remotes would be compatible though. Might be worth contacting LG support and asking how much a remote is, and if they say £30 and thats acceptable to you then research it further and find out which LG model has the same spec as yours and is roughly the same age. The spec won't be exactly the same though they change round minor things. The Philips has coaxial output but the LG might have optical etc. The LG DV-1010 remote control may be compatible with the Philips.

5. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you had set a code number - the override code should be in the manual for the combi and your replacement remote should let you enter numbers direct (can you access any functions of the combi at all?). My Philips LCD TV has an override code of 8 8 8 8 (this may not be of any use, but you never know!)