Please help need subwoofer advise

Tart2006

Standard Member
Hi there i used to use a pair of tdl transmission line speakers that went to 17hz and I have recently purchased a pair of quad 12l2 rears, quad l centre and quad 22l2. However even with the quads 30hz performance it is rather disappointing I have a cheap keg psw1000.2 sub but I really want a good sub that will replace the lows I am looking at the quad l series sub and a bk sub please can you Recommend what Sub i should go for ? My budget is 3-500 pounds and makes I should look at? Thankyou all

Horris

Standard Member
I'm no expert but I've been reading a lot of information on the board recently and for the money you're looking at I would have thought either the BK XXLS400 if it's being used mainly for music and the BK Monolith if it's being used mainly for films.

DrH

Your budget falls exactly in BK territory.
I went for an XXLS400 based on recomendation here and have been nothing but chuffed with it.
There have been many threads asking whether do get the XXLS400 or the monolith which is a difficult question to answer. i would start with reading the monolith and XXLS400 threads and also the XXLS400 revew by Russel Williams.

You will find that monolith answers recomend them and XXLS400 owners recomend them.

I have as yet not seen a bad word about either of them.

DrH

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom