1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help my confusion setting an an SR4300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by KraGorn, Sep 14, 2003.

1. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've just got an SR4300 and am reading the manual before installing it ... a quaint habit but one I find useful. ;)

I'm confused about one aspect of the setup ..

In SPEAKER SETUP one sets the volumes of each speaker, I understand this :)

In SURROUND SETUP one sets the volumes of each speaker, I understand this :)

I DON'T understand why one has to do this TWICE. :confused:

Can someone please explain what it is one doing in the first step compared to what one is doing in the second? I also see there's yet another level-setting in the 6.1 CH. IN. setup.

I'm migrating from a Nakamichi AV-10 and that only had one speaker volume setup phase.

Cheers.

2. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    .Looking at my SR5300 the surround menus is in fact the same as the settings you have in speakers set up, but you have the addition of LFE level at HT EQ, I leave this set to off. You do not have to set them twice once they are set in one mode you will see the same values in the other, cant say I had thought about it before but there are in fact three ways to set speaker levels, SET UP/T.TONE button will take you directly there. Does this make sense?

The 6.1 setting is however different the input for the 6.1 bypasses the internal DAC's and therefore has to be set differently

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ah, I see, makes sense really just the manual simply describes the three volume setups as they appear in the various phases of the setup procedure and doesn't suggest what you say happens in reality.

Thanks for pointing out the small differences between them, I may not have noticed those to begin with. :)

4. tulloch2003

tulloch2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    @KRaGorn
    Hi how much better is the 4300 over the Nakamichi AV-10 for sound with films and music please.

Regards Trevor