Please help - missed 20 mins of Taken

Juz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sad to say that I missed the first 20 or so minutes of the first episode of "Taken" tonight on BBC2 :(

Can't see that it's repeated (BBC Choice shows next episode), so could someone maybe fill me in, please?

Thank you. :)

It's funny that! i missed, or would of missed the first 20 mins, but i didn't bother to watch it. It's repeated on Friday, apparantly so i will watch it then.

What does everyone think of it so far. (witout spoilers)

Watching at the moment - it's ok but seems terribly cliched now. The 1940's airforce UFO thing has been done to death in my opinion. They should have set it in a different era.

Originally posted by groundy
The 1940's airforce UFO thing has been done to death in my opinion. They should have set it in a different era.

Bugger it, i don't need to watch it now, what else Groundy.:eek: :p ;)

No point worrying about "spoilers".....it's utter ****.

[Post edited by Moderator for swearing]

Can you make it less obvious that you are swearing in future,

Thanks,

Shoka

My mate got off the phone earlier and said he was going to watch aliens.

I thought he meant the movie "Aliens".

Now it dawns on me that he meant "Taken"

If he'd have told me that I would've ****ing remembered :mad:

Have to watch it on Friday.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
My mate got off the phone earlier and said he was going to watch aliens.

I thought he meant the movie "Aliens".

Funny that as well. I was going to watch it but without the ''s'' on the end.:eek: still might do yet, i need a new film of the week.:D

it's ok but seems terribly cliched now. The 1940's airforce UFO thing has been done to death in my opinion

this passed through my mind at first, but after having just watched the whole first episode, i've changed my mind completely - the roswell bit is obviously just that - a 'bit', and the story is shaping up nicely to give a new angle on the whole alien thing. Plus it spans over 50 years.

one other thing - this putting the next episode on BBC Choice (as they did with '24') - what is the point? - just means being one episode infront of BBC2, and they'll probably delay the final one to coincide with BBC2 anyway. Personally i'll just stick to BBC2.

dean

I recorded it to see what the reaction would be from you lot before wasting time watching it. I worked on the assumption that as it was on Saturday night it must be crap.

Seems I was right :D

I must admit to a little disappointment over this first episode. I was really looking forward to it but very little seemed to happen in an hour and a half. For me the only scene (slight spoiler) that really made me pay attention was in the caravan towards the end - the rest seemed well.. dull. I'll stick with it though - it must get better (mustn't it ?).

I'll just look forward to the return of NYPD Blue (11:35 ?? thanks a lot C4 !)

It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I did sit through both episodes and it was fairly enjoyable.
Not a killer but something to do when your bored, I'm still unsure whether I'll bother with the rest of the series.

Might record them to watch at 1am instead of flicking through midless drivel for an hour before my finger starts to hurt and I decide to sleep.

Originally posted by MonkeyDonkey
flicking through midless drivel for an hour before my finger starts to hurt and I decide to sleep.
Sounds like foreplay with an ex-girlfriend of mine :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Sounds like foreplay with an ex-girlfriend of mine :rolleyes: :D

I had a feeling someone was gonna quote part of that sentence and force the thread downhill. ;) Good work SG :D

Originally posted by MonkeyDonkey
I had a feeling someone was gonna quote part of that sentence and force the thread downhill. ;) Good work SG :D
Thank you :D

While watching this, "Pearl Harbor" came to mind, it could have been good but was very drawn outttttttttttttttttttttttt, plodding along. Boring. It has actors used from all American recent Sci-Fi series in it, including Stargate. Not enough aliens, in my opinion, they were just shown randomly to keep you from turning off. Dont think I'll be watching the rest.

Well I watched both episodes tonight.

The 1st episode was not bad at all and built the story quite well (although it did smell of a cross between Dark Skies (remember that one) and Xfiles).

As for the 2nd episod.... d....r...a...w...n o...u...t ...is definately the word here, a typical 15 min plot done to absolute death.

A shame really as I would have enjoyed it if it could have (i) been more engaging (ii) challenged something new in its story (iii) had believable characters (other than the 2d hero/anti-hero offerings embarassing the screen).

I could go on cos I'm quite disappointed, never mind eh!

It could have been worse (just think if Jerry Bruckhiemer had directed it) and had a US flag in every other scene:D

Hope this hasnt spoiled anyones viewing:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Deansimm
one other thing - this putting the next episode on BBC Choice (as they did with '24') - what is the point? - just means being one episode infront of BBC2, and they'll probably delay the final one to coincide with BBC2 anyway. Personally i'll just stick to BBC2.

And not only this, but BBC 2 has a great habit of running about five minutes late as often as it possibly can. So if you were to watch the episode on BBC 2, you'd miss the first five minutes of the next episode on BBC Choice. Or miss the last five minutes of the BBC 2 episode if you've told TiVo to catch it for you.

As for the programme, I could have sworn I was watching 'Dark Skies' for a while, what with all that Rosswell stuff and Eric Close running around being Mr Nice Guy. I wonder if he's going to turn up throughout.

Other than that, I enjoyed the first episode. But it's nowt special.

I agree with the rest of you - a big disappointment - it wasn't terrible, but I don't understand why so much hype has been generated around it :confused:

It was very unoriginal and dated - its all been done before in X-Files & Dark Skies.

Needs more babes and explosions! :D :devil:

Yep its a little johnny come lately didn't seem to offer anything we've not seen before ( pretty rough visual effects too).

Nice to see Deirdre Barlow's mysterious brass phallic symbol has cropped up in the american mid-west .. I wonder if its some sort of deliberate reference!

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
...were you abducted ?

I dunno....it's all kind of a blank for that 20 mins.

:eek:

Originally posted by PFM

(ever thought about directing Lex?)

I would be too busy on the casting couch! :D

He was trying to watch the Playboy Channel for 20 minutes before he realised it was a subscription channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom