1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by noyce, Sep 22, 2003.

1. noyce

noyce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am hoping someone can help me out. I have sky+ so haven't really taken much notice of the freeview boxes you can buy from currys and argos etc. Yesterday my next door neighbours came round and were asking about them, apparently they had been to currys to buy one so they could get just there basic channels in digital but the salesman had told them they would need a new television arial to go with it. Is this true? They are an elderly couple so i wouldn't want to see them taken advantage of.

Any help truly appreciated

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You've got the internet access, go to freeview.co.uk, stick in their post code and the site tells you what the score is. Next step, if it says all's weel, get a box. If it's dodgy, you are best to consult a proper retailer very locally, who will probably know for certain. They may even lend a box to try. Some are better than others with weak signals, they may know that too, otherwise try a search here. My experience tells me not to recommend the nokia ones if the signal is iffy, but otherwise they're excellent.

3. noyce

noyce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help mate, much appreciated

4. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    if they get a good pic for analog tv then a freeview box should work fine if there in a coverage area

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    My analogue is hopeless, but freeview excellent, there's not really a hard and fast rule.