Please Help Me

LENNOX204

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi there could someone please help me??? i have a lg42lf6 1080p tv,i also have a philips hts3357 home cinema system.i would really like to run my ps3 through the philips system but dont know where to start!!!The cinema system is connected to the tv via hdmi socket as is the playstation.being thick i thought this would work but no joy.ive since read in magazines the easiest way to do this is via optical lead,however only the dearer systems had this socket.is there another way??many thanx lennox204:hiya::hiya:

Looking at the manual for the Philips HTS3357, it appears you could either use the 2 channel Left / Right audio inputs (2 channel sound), or the digital coax input (multi channel sound).

2159869452_6c9d513761.jpg

If the PS3 only has an optical out as opposed to Coax, there are converters you can get to go from optical to Coax. Then you need both an optical and coax cable to connect your PS3 to the Philips.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29293&doy=2m1&C=SO&U=strat15

Welcome to the forums with your first post! :hiya:

Welcome

1) Buy a Digital Optical Cable - Aprox £5 - £10

2) Buy a Digital Co-axial Cable - Approx £10 - £20

3) Buy a Digital Audio Convertor - see here http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29293&criteria=audio converter&doy=7m3 approx £13

4) Change the audio settings on your PS3 to "optical"

5) Connect the optical cable to the PS and convertor

6) Connect the Co-axial cable to the convertor and your Amp

Job done

You could use the Left / Right (Red / White connections) but do not as, these connections will not provide 5.1 sound.

Thanx Guys,ill Get Down To Maplins At The Weekend.once Again Thankyou.

Sorry Guys Me Again,will This Effect The Picture Quality Atall,as Im Running The Ps3 To The Tele Through An Hdmi Cable?

Sorry Guys Me Again,will This Effect The Picture Quality Atall,as Im Running The Ps3 To The Tele Through An Hdmi Cable?

Nope - currently yu are sending audio and video to the TV via the HDMI.

Once you change the audio output settings of the PS3 to optical, you will still be sending the video signal to the TV via the HDMI, it is only the sound which will then be going to your amp

Mark

i've done the same thing as above but there are no sonuds still..
anyone know do i need to change anything to the amp by the remote?
should i use AUX or DI?
thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom