Please help me

Rohan123

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just got a new pc with a GTX 1050 graphics card. Issue is my pc doesn't pic up my graphics card. Instead, when I look in device manager I see a "Microsoft basic display adapter". I tried to update this and I got a message saying "windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it" and then it said gtx 1050. I'm really stuck someone please help me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 68
your pci memory controler and sm bus drivers are not installed correctly, you should get these from your motherboard driver disc or manufacturers website.

Should solve your issue and then reinstall your nvidia drivers,.

Have you tried installing drivers from the Nvidia site?

Download Drivers | NVIDIA
Tried this but it just says my pc is not compatible.

your pci memory controler and sm bus drivers are not installed correctly, you should get these from your motherboard driver disc or manufacturers website.

Should solve your issue and then reinstall your nvidia drivers,.
I don't know how to fix them, do u know how to?

Tried this but it just says my pc is not compatible.

I don't know how to fix them, do u know how to?

In your picture the pci memory controller and bus show the yellow icons. As he said above they are not installed properly.
Run the motherboard disk that came with pc (should have came) or right click them and see if can "update drivers" from there?.
Once they are shown as ok get driver package from nvidia site and it will install.

Or go to your motherboard manufacture's web page and download the drivers from them.

IO bit driver booster 4, fixes all your driver issues

In your picture the pci memory controller and bus show the yellow icons. As he said above they are not installed properly.
Run the motherboard disk that came with pc (should have came) or right click them and see if can "update drivers" from there?.
Once they are shown as ok get driver package from nvidia site and it will install.
Just did this. The pci memory controller and bus both just dissapeared after this. But still I cannot download the driver it says it isn't compatible

Where did you get the pc from? Should be been working straight away.

Where did you get the pc from? Should be been working straight away.
i bought it off awd-it.co.uk thing is, i didn't pay for windows 10 my friend gave me a cd said use this it'll work and it did

Be very very careful using windows this way. My son (who has a masters degree in computing) tried this and had his PayPal account cleared out and it was only his own bank becoming suspicious stopped him losing thousands more. Not worth the risk IMO

I have had just the same issue with a new install of windows. Installing the window anniversary update fixed it:-

Download Windows 10

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom