Please help me

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tiger3176, Sep 17, 2004.

1. tiger3176

tiger3176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: I have a panasonic TX28 DTX1, an NTL set top box, and a Toshiba RDXS 32 HDD recorder. My problem is, (apart from being a bit thick, sorry :blush: ) is that I'm getting stereo output from my tv but am unable to record in stereo to my DVD recorder, apart from if I record a terrestrial program. I have a scart plug from the NTL box to AV1 on my tv, and a scart plug from av2 on my tv to the DVD recorder. Please can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I know it's probably an easy problem for you to solve, but I'ts beyond me. I hope someone can put me out of my misery. Thank you.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    How is the NTL box connected to the DVD recorder? Your connection should be:

NTL TV Out >>> AV2 on the RDXS32 and then AV1 >>> TV AV1

With the NTL box and AV2/AV1 set to RGB on the Toshiba. Try hooking up like that and hopefully it will resolve your sound problems enroute ;)

3. tiger3176

tiger3176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Rasczak. I did what you suggested. At first it didn't work, but once I clicked on top of the recorder to imput AV1 it started working perfectly. As I say, it's easy once you know. Thanks again for your help. :)