Please help me with my Samsung R73

nathanb

Standard Member
I'm after a bit of help off anyone with the SAMSUNG LE32R73BD 32"LCD HD TV. I'm having massive trouble adjusting the picture settings to look good. I've fiddled with the Colour, Contrast etc but still not totally happy when watching everyday TV. It looks too bright and not enough colour on the factory setting. Can anyone please pass on their settings if you are happy with them.

Many thanks in advance:smashin:

Voy06

I have the R74 32" and here's my settings:

Mode: Dynamic
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 48
Sharpness: 75
Colour: 55
Colour Tone: Cool1

I am happy with these settings however I have not had the time too adjust further too see if I could a better picture but like I say I am more than happy with the above settings.

Kimafy

Novice Member
Hi, I adjusted my set in the following manner. with the tv in standby press INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER, if done right the service menu will appear when the tv comes on, go to option 4 SPV-PX, Select COLOUR MANAGEMENT, You can then change the SKIN DIRECTION from reddish to yellowish, turn off your tv to exit the menu. Here are my other settings.

MODE:Dynamic
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 65
Sharpness: 10
Colour: 39
Col Tone: Normal

try this let me know how you get on.

vinz420

Novice Member
Aha! A bit of an oldy thread.. let's revive it!

My current settings, calibrated with the HD version of DVE (digital video essentials) are:

HDMI, Component:
MODE:Movie,Custom
Contrast: 72
Brightness: 53
Sharpness: 18
Colour: 37
Col Tone: Warm 1

This has excellent black levels, especially when used with films like the Prestige, Batman Begins (all in HD).

Hope this helps!

dibdab

Set up with DVE, i use these settings for Freeview, dvd and PC. This also has exellent black levels.

MODE:Movie
Contrast: 55
Brightness: 70
Sharpness: 18
Colour: 43
Col Tone: normal

The contrast may a bit lower as i'm writing this from work, but it looks superb.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom