1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me With A Chaptering Issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by connect, Jan 15, 2004.

1. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    The issue is I can't do it!! I have a Panasonic E50. I am using DVD-R discs. How do I put chapters in so you can flick from one to the other just by using the control?

While recording if you just press stop it puts the information into sections but when trying to view it back on two different DVD players I have to go to the main menu and manually select a song. (The DVD is a music video compilation) I thought that by pressing marker that would put a chapter place in but I was wrong!!

As you can see I'm not fully understanding this new technology (to me) yet. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Pete

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the e60 and I can't insert chapters that I've added to Ram and copied across.

I would have thought that stopping and starting would add chapter breaks for you? If you press forward on chapter 1, does it not jump to the next song then?

3. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    It does on the DVD Recorder but not in two other DVD players I've tried it in afterwards. One was a Sony and one was a cheap **** one. Could it be because they don't fully support DVD-R yet? I just tried it in my Panasonic GameCube and it works ok in there.

4. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    One cannot add manual chapters to a finalised DVD-R on the E50/60/HS2 machines (I have no experience of other makes or models), and of course it needs to be finalised to play on a regular DVD player.

The recorder automatically inserts a chapter about every 5 minutes.

Not ideal (for your scenario), but that's life.

5. connect

connect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I noticed that it adds chapters every few minutes or so. Is there anyway of adding those in yourself. That's what I want to do. I don't mind doing the DVD again.

6. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    What I have found is that you need to turn off auto chapter marking and create separate titles instead. That seems to work on a Pioneer.