1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me UN- Write protect my Olympus mju 410 - or my dad is gonna kick my ass

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Reala, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Reala

Reala
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK... I took my dads Olympus mju 410 out today to take photos. I got home and connected it to the PC, I disconnected the camera from the PC and turned it on. There is now a red error saying "Write Protect" and I cannot do anything :(
    I looked on the card and there is no switch... what could be wrong :'( Please help or my dad will go so.... so..... mad at me. Thanks a lot!

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know that camera, but is the images you have on the card protected? Or is the card blank?

The write protect is so you don't delete a file by accident. Just been looking up fo you, hit mode menu and take the write protect off

3. Reala

Reala
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I press mode menu and there is a protect option but I dunno how to trun it off :(

4. MattB1

MattB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not got an mju but do have an olympus. Normally when you get to an option press the right selector arrow to give you further options. I would guess that this would be the same for teh right protect option on the mju. Pressing OK normally takes you out of the menu (which is not what you'd expect it to do)

Matt.

5. Reala

Reala
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, I press the right selector button, but no more selections come... its kinda like blocked :(

6. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pop down to a local Camera shop & they may take pity & help you ? Should only take 30 secs for someone who is experienced with cameras, so I can't see why they would say no .

7. RobertP

RobertP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to an online basic manual the intructions for using file protection are on page 114 of the full manual. The full manual is only available on the CD rom that came with the camera - its a pdf file. My Oly camera only had the full manual as pdf too.