Please help me to choose a perfet TV

langya168

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking for 37inch TV which could be lcd led or plasma. I alreay tried seeking it for one week, but no idea at all as too many different offer on web. I buy a tv for watching tv programes, conncet to laptop for movie and playing games, please you guys give me some ideas for 100hz/freeview hd/internt connection Tv and my budget is arround 600 pounds. thanks.:clap:

Probably the Sony 37ex503 (with the VAT back before Xmas eve) or Samsung 37C650 or the Panasonic 37G20 (but probably a little over budget) would be your best option. There is no full HD 37" plasma (you'll want 1080p for the PC use and LCDs better suited to this)

Go to your local AV dealer and see which you prefer :)

Probably the Sony 37ex503 (with the VAT back before Xmas eve) or Samsung 37C650 or the Panasonic 37G20 (but probably a little over budget) would be your best option. There is no full HD 37" plasma (you'll want 1080p for the PC use and LCDs better suited to this)

yes, 37ex503 and Panasonic 37G20 is really good mathch , but do you think Panasonic 37G20 can get better picture?

but what you mean'There is no full HD 37" plasma (you'll want 1080p for the PC use and LCDs better suited to this)

' what i know is that all the above model tv are all full hd plasma,and you said there is no full hd?

Those are LCD models not plasma

Please be patient and try not to bump your thread more than once a day :)

I don't game, some who do prefer plasma (but you need to go to 42" and around £600 for 1080p), some like LCD :)

Please be patient and try not to bump your thread more than once a day :)

I don't game, some who do prefer plasma (but you need to go to 42" and around £600 for 1080p), some like LCD :)

still can't go for order. too many choice

BTW, do you think the internet function is necessary or useless? how does it work?and what is the different between wifi to some other different connection such NetCast? many thanks

Those are LCD models not plasma

i read lots of people saying sony 40ex503 is very cool, and i really fall into this interest, but now the better seller with free 5 year warranty is also out of stock, and i want to buy it as soon as possible:laugh:

Try a Sony Centre

Not necessarily, they price match and have the VAT back promotion. Go ask and haggle ;) Where did you want to buy from?

:confused:
Not necessarily, they price match and have the VAT back promotion. Go ask and haggle ;) Where did you want to buy from?
i am living near edinburgh, and now I found that 40ex503 is 749 pound in john lewis shop now which was 674pound out of stock for few days, why the price had been increased when it came back on sales?

Because they were probably matching another retailer who have also put the price up...remember, you should get 17.5% off the Sony with the VAT back offer (MUST buy by Xmas eve)

Buy Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U LCD HD 1080p Television, 40 inch with Built-in Freeview HD online at JohnLewis.com

That would make it around £618 by my calculation :)

http://www.johnlewis.com/jl_assets/pdf/VAT_back_claim_form_DL_Leaflet.pdf Have to pay the full amount, send off the form and wait for the rebate

thanks a lot, my friend. then i want to use other online shops such as richer sounds who sale it as 604 pound including 5 years warranty. Sony BRAVIA KDL40EX503 | 40 inch LCD TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview HD | Richer Sounds do richer sounds qualify for vat back ? or what is your suggestion for cheaper deal?thanks

Richer Sounds don't sell TVs online usually, you have to buy in store and collect yourself . They are doing the VAT back, and according to that link that is the price NET (i.e. after) the VAT back.

Price quoted is net of VAT-back from Sony. Pay £646.19 instore then claim the cashback from Sony. Ask instore for full details.

RS & JL will be the best deals with the extended warranty most likely, but try Sony Centres ;) If you want the TV delivered, John Lewis the best choice as it's free

Richer Sounds don't sell TVs online usually, you have to buy in store and collect yourself . They are doing the VAT back, and according to that link that is the price NET (i.e. after) the VAT back.

Price quoted is net of VAT-back from Sony. Pay £646.19 instore then claim the cashback from Sony. Ask instore for full details.

RS & JL will be the best deals with the extended warranty most likely, but try Sony Centres ;) If you want the TV delivered, John Lewis the best choice as it's free

thanks. I might for few days and seek a cheaper price to buy

I doubt the price will come down by more than 17.5% and remember the VAT goes up to 20% on 4 Jan...even without the warranty, there is nowhere on Kelkoo cheaper than RS :)

Have you checked if your local Richer Sounds even has stock?

I doubt the price will come down by more than 17.5% and remember the VAT goes up to 20% on 4 Jan...even without the warranty, there is nowhere on Kelkoo cheaper than RS :)

Have you checked if your local Richer Sounds even has stock?

i just check the local shop but nobody pick up my phone. try it again later.

and there might be some cheaper deal during chrismas

There might be, up to you whether you wait :) Remember, VAT back ends on 24th and VAT goes up on Jan 4th. A all a bit depends how successful the VAT back scheme is and what stocks are like. Sony are advertising it hard though!

There might be, up to you whether you wait :) Remember, VAT back ends on 24th and VAT goes up on Jan 4th. A all a bit depends how successful the VAT back scheme is and what stocks are like. Sony are advertising it hard though!

if jl price come down as 674 before, i will jump into my car and take it home today.

It was cheaper I think and then Sony introduced the VAT back and the prices went up - It's not £674 at JL, but £749 munis 17.5% VAT back as I explained before (749 x 0.825). You just have to pay the full amount now and then claim the 17.5% rebate. It's quite straightforward I believe, just a form to fill in, send back and then await the cheque (a month or two maybe)

Also, I believe that if JL bring the price down within 28 days they will refund the difference :)

It was cheaper I think and then Sony introduced the VAT back and the prices went up - It's not £674 at JL, but £749 munis 17.5% VAT back as I explained before (749 x 0.825). You just have to pay the full amount now and then claim the 17.5% rebate. It's quite straightforward I believe, just a form to fill in, send back and then await the cheque (a month or two maybe)

Also, I believe that if JL bring the price down within 28 days they will refund the difference :)

not people in richer souns still!!:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom