Please help me: Sony or LG?

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Hey everyone.*

I've always been told Sony are great at making TV's. Our living room 32 inch is a Samsung from about 4 years ago and for about two years now there has been awful screen burn etc so we are DEFO not getting those cheapos again. (it was 800 quid too!!!!!).

Ive also been told LG are quality though and therefore I'm confused.*

Do you think I should get the £450 Sony 40 inch (Sony KDL40CX523BU) or the LG which is bigger at 42 inch and only £375 (meaning we could get 3 years accidental cover too for the same price as the Sony. With a 3 year old foster baby now obsessed with poking the tv that could be useful lol).*

Basically I'm asking whether LG are as good as Sony so whether I should just pay the extra for the Sony and extra quality (if there is any) and coverplan * :)*

Thanks for any help :):)

Hey everyone.*

I've always been told Sony are great at making TV's. Our living room 32 inch is a Samsung from about 4 years ago and for about two years now there has been awful screen burn etc so we are DEFO not getting those cheapos again. (it was 800 quid too!!!!!).

Ive also been told LG are quality though and therefore I'm confused.*

Do you think I should get the £450 Sony 40 inch (Sony KDL40CX523BU) or the LG which is bigger at 42 inch and only £375 (meaning we could get 3 years accidental cover too for the same price as the Sony. With a 3 year old foster baby now obsessed with poking the tv that could be useful lol).*

Basically I'm asking whether LG are as good as Sony so whether I should just pay the extra for the Sony and extra quality (if there is any) and coverplan * :)*

Thanks for any help :):)

Well, personally, my house is full of Sony stuff, but I have often looked at LG and thought if I fell out with Sony tv I might give them a try

You shouldn't get screen burn from modern LCD/LED sets, but plasma can and do give screen burn no matter what some say, especially if they are left with static images

I wouldn't pay for insurance. You should be able to get cover via accidental damage on your household insurance far cheaper. But with young children around please do ensure that the flat screen is screwed/tied to the top it is standing on via the holding screws usually provided so that it is impossible for it to fall forwards on to a child

Finally, there is lots of price falling going on in the High Street just now and folk like John Lewis will give a 5yr warranty on all the tvs they sell. Shop around and you'll find it cheaper on Christmas week than it is now

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Thanks a lot for all the info! We'll definitely have to claim on the TV though as we know he'll savage it :D Best not to stick it on the house insurance as the premium will def go up as a result.

Good to know about screenburn too.

Gonna go for the Sony but know i'll miss those two inches I could have gotten with the LG haha.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom