Please Help me setup my Philips Q50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by naturally, Jul 6, 2002.

1. naturally

naturally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently bought the Philips Q50 for the progressive NTSC and PAL capabilities. I am connecting it to a Panasonic LT712E LCD projector. The Projector has the following Componant video signal compatibility: 1080i, 720P, 480P, 480i, 625i.

When I connected the Q50 to the projector via the progressive component, all NTSC played fine with wonderful results and my projector detected the signal as 480P. So no problems there.

PAL would not display any images on the player. I then checked the firmware and found it to be 4.13f. So I upgraded it to 4.15C and enabled the PAL progressive output and multiregioned it. All with success.

Now the player works fine using normal component. Progressive component still plays NTSC fine with no problems, but my projector displays a GREEN image with PAL progressive and reports the signal bieng fed-in as SVIDEO !!

Can anyone help ? Please.

I would've thought that the PAL progressive signal is 625i, and my projector is compatible with this so what is the problem ?

any information and help will be appreciated.

2. JamesOD

JamesOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I am sure that pal progressive is 625p not I as that is interlaced where did you get your dvd player from as I am trying to find one with pal progressive and the faroujda chipset in europe

3. naturally

naturally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Do not live in europe, I live in the middle-east. I got it from the local Philips dealer.

4. naturally

naturally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An update is that I updated the firmware to 4.15o to get rid of the chapter-skipping problem. Now it looks much better.

I have seen the light and I think that I finally understand that the 'i' stands for interlaced and 'p' stands for progressive.

Therefore, my projector supports progressive 480 and 720.

Is it possible to convert the progressive Pal (625p) to either 480p or 720p ? I prefer going up to 720p so as not to lose resolution.