1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me - Sagum Axium 50

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by njc, Feb 6, 2005.

1. njc

njc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right then, before i get started i must admit i'm no wizard on AV gear, so please stick with me! I just got my Sagem delivered today. First impressions were great... BUT... there seems to be some 'colour flickering' (asthough the image can never be still) constantly going on. If you pause the image it becomes really obvious.
    I'm using the SKY box thru the supplied scart in AV1 & DVD in AV2. I've tried fiddling with the image settings - but this I'm guessing is more like a frequency problem??? Or is it just the way these DLP's are? When i visited Comet they had a PC running thru DVI. I asked for a DVD demo which he connected thru some Monster Comp cables. Neither of the two demos instore displayed any symptoms which i seem to be experiencing.
    My DVD player is a pretty old model which does not have progressive scanning. Could this be the problem or the fact that i'm using scart instead of Comp cables? Also my PS2 seemed to be having the same problems when connected in the front panel.
    Have i got a dud TV or is it a case of spending a few hundred quid on a new player & cables?
    Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated by this newcomer! Thanks.

2. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you set your Sky box to VGA output?

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    SKy boxes dont do VGA out..........they Do RGB+sync on compoiste or composite only!

4. talcy

talcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right then, before i get started i must admit i'm no wizard on AV gear, so please stick with me! I just got my Sagem delivered today. First impressions were great... BUT... there seems to be some 'colour flickering' (asthough the image can never be still) constantly going on. If you pause the image it becomes really obvious.
    I'm using the SKY box thru the supplied scart in AV1 & DVD in AV2. I've tried fiddling with the image settings - but this I'm guessing is more like a frequency problem??? Or is it just the way these DLP's are? When i visited Comet they had a PC running thru DVI. I asked for a DVD demo which he connected thru some Monster Comp cables. Neither of the two demos instore displayed any symptoms which i seem to be experiencing.
    My DVD player is a pretty old model which does not have progressive scanning. Could this be the problem or the fact that i'm using scart instead of Comp cables? Also my PS2 seemed to be having the same problems when connected in the front panel.
    Have i got a dud TV or is it a case of spending a few hundred quid on a new player & cables?
    Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated by this newcomer! Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

mate had the same problem on the 50" only had the set for 4 day as you said it can never be still. there was a green pulsing running through my set, really noticible on pause. tried all new leads. ps2 was running on components and on the browser screen it was the most noticable. Really frustrating, ended up taking it back to the av gods COMET and the av guy tested her then said Quote "thats a perfectly good picture to me sir" in which made my blood as i could still see it in there shop. lucky for me the head tech guy was about the store and overheard my conversation, with this numpty. and straight away told mr cocky av man that there was a proccer fault an the set was Knackered so i endded up having a full refund, which is now going to john lewis for the hd-d45. Hope you get it sorted because it drove me mad