1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me Make My Mind Up

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Groundrush, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Groundrush

Groundrush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been looking around for awhile now and I can't make up my mind on what telly would be better for my needs.

I have always been loyal to Sony and would have prefered to stay that way, but I'm keeping my options open besides I like the look of a few Panasonic models... :rolleyes:

I plan on also getting a Home Cinema system, Dvd Writer, PVR , Freeview or SKY at a later stage so I must plan ahead.... :eek:

Must Be:
    32 Inch
    100 herts, or 50 herts if persuaded.
    With Freeview, or without if Persuaded

What do you guys think is the best model?
    Mention others if not in my list.

my choices so far are:

Panasonic TX32DTX40
    Sony KD32DX200
    Sony Sony KV32CS70
    Sony KV-32DX150

Thanks... :)

2. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have a Panasonic 32" Freeview widescreen TV. I had stuck loyally to Sony for years until I had problems with 2 of them, so I changed.

One of my best friends installs TV ariels for a living and every time he comes here and sees it he remarks how good the picture is compared to all the other TVs he sees every day.

With that as a recomendation, I know which I would go for. It fits all your criteria and is remarkably good. :clap: :clap:

It has the added advantage of 3 Scarts at the back and Phono and S-Video at the front. Those three scarts are really handy.

3. Groundrush

Groundrush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmmm, well it looks like Panasonic is top of the list.

what about mix and matching other stuff, Like Sony Home Cinema, DVD writer etc..?

I have always tried to keep everything the same so it's compatible with each other, not sure if will make that much diffierence?

I hate the clutter of remote controlls

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I thoroughly recommend the Toshiba 32ZP48. Regards, yt.

5. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Well..

I hate to throw a spanner in the works, but I have owned 2 Panasonic 32" 50htz widescreen tv's in the space of one month and I would NOT recommend them. The model number I had is TX32PS500. Basically they suffered from very bad purity errors on white screens (displayed as patches of light green in the top right corner) Also both these Panasonics suffered from "dirty screen" (ie static patches or blobs of grey that can be clearly seen on bright/white images especially panning shots) For these reasons, I personally would not recommend them - especially when other Panny's I have seen in tv showrooms tend to display these charactistics..

I have changed these Panasonics only yesterday to a Sony KV32CS70. It is a brilliant, far superior picture which displays NONE of the Panasonic problems I had experienced.

Just thought I would give you my honest opinion and experience with Panasonic.

Whilst I am sure there are many many happy Panasonic owners who will not have these problems, (and I daresay many Sony owners who will say they have these problems !!) it's interesting to note peoples opinions, hence why I added to your thread.

Sorry if I confuse you, but just had to tell u my experience with Panasonic.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    As you will find if you mention any brand of equipement - you will find that there will always be some people that have had bad experiences and some that think they got an excelent set for their money.

My personal opinion has always been that Sony are over priced and I have never had any problems with any of the panasonic items i have owned - still have my old 21" going in the spare room which must be well over 15 years old now.

There certainly isnt any significant issues with mixing brands - after all the brands that are considered the top in the DVD and AV Amp world (for us mere mortals)- people like Denon, Acaram, Yamaha etc - do not even make CRT TVs and so you would never be able to do anything but mix them with other brands