please help me make a purchase ;)

phillfyspoon

Ex Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my sound in my homecinema setup at the moment I have a denon 2802 with mission volare centre, monitor audio s1 fronts and mission m5ds rears with a rel q150e sub.

now what can i buy to make this better I have around £800 i thought i could buy the new denon 3805 or pioneer ax5 or I have been offered a rotel rsp1066 processcor for 650 what would make the biggest improvement the denon 3805 or another new av amp or the current denon 2802 with the rotel processor.

i havent a clue what gives the good sound the processing or amplication?

help me I want the best i can get for my money that I have been saving up for months im only an 18 year old boy lol

In my opinion the processing of the new generation of intergrated amps is very good and will give the 1066 a run for it's money.

If you go for the 1066 you are going to want a new power amp at some point in the future.

Based on this I would go for the AX5 or 3805 now, if you do get some more cash, upgrade the speakers.

I woulds think of matching up your front 3 speakers so they all sound tonally the same ie mission fronts or monitor audio center.
Also dont forget the yamaha rxv1400 or 2400 in hte same price range. You could aslo kill 2 birds with one stone and buy an ax3 or marantz 7400 and buy matching fronts/center with your money.
:devil:

I will be upgrading the centre to a monitor audio silver centre (good choice?) I dont think the fronts need an upgrade as the s1 is a great speaker with great detail it may not go very low but i have the rel sub to do that, so it looks like i might be getting a denon then :) my denon 2802 will most likly be in the classifields

have i made a good choice on this upgrade i think the speakers are decent enough the amp is the thing that needs upgrading the most i think

If your going to sell the 2802 I'd be very interested. I have a long wanted thread in the classifieds.

Ta

EDIT - Infact I've seen your old ad and I am very interested indeed. Please let me know before you advertise it - I feel it could suit me perfectly.

go for the pioneer AX5 phill i got the big mother and its brill and thats wiv out decent speaker yet there the next thing to Get but ain't got round 2it yet:clap: :laugh:

that is a good price but im not sure about yamaha does it have the suto setup feature?

yup and a lot more. Thats a good price for it to. I have the 1400 and its fantastic :D

Ian sure u can have it if I cant sell it to someone local, it's nice to see interest and the amp is in great condition I have remote and manual just no box but im sure I can put info in post if I sell it on here , oh and it's gold ;) cracking amp still a top performer

Originally posted by phillfyspoon
Ian sure u can have it if I cant sell it to someone local, it's nice to see interest and the amp is in great condition I have remote and manual just no box but im sure I can put info in post if I sell it on here , oh and it's gold ;) cracking amp still a top performer

Be happy to come and get it - give the kids a day out at the coast!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom