1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me!!!! Karaoke CDG Playback!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tupo, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Tupo

Tupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Could anyone please help me.
    My parents have just been in touch and are looking for a karaoke player after my mum tried karaoke for the 1st time on holiday... OMG!!!!

So as you can imagine they are not after anything special... and I know they still have my old Aiwa karaoke hifi with dual mic inputs so it doesnt have to be a dvd player with the mic inputs.

They basically need a normal dvd player that will play ALL karaoke disks as cheap as possible. Preferably round the 50 to 100 quid price mark, and if poss a brand name player??? sony, phillips etc etc etc..

Oh, and the dvd player must be multi region because its primary use will be playing films.. and karaoke probably a few times a year!!!! when they decide to have partys!!!
    :lease:

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Pioneer 575 £100.Toshiba 340e £75.

3. Tupo

Tupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Thanks for the speedy reply.... And these will deffo play karaoke disks???

At the mo they have one of those old samsung WONDER MACHINES.... the 109 was it???.... the 1st to be able to play multi region via the handset.... but its struggling to play some films now..

4. Tupo

Tupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    It seems however that the toshie isnt up to playing backup karaoke disks though which it seems the vast majority are.

Any more recommendations anyone.... The player you guys recommend. Is the one they WILL buy. I have an old pioneer 717 and I know the pioneer is bound to be good... any more though??????

Remember multiregion AND karaoke.

5. zeropoint

zeropoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think the Skyworth DVD-3650 is a Karaoke capable player. It has a Mic input plus a Karaoke setup menu where you can turn it on/off. It also has closed caption support - though I've not tried any of this - which may be useful with Karaoke. It's generally highly compatible and plays DivX/XviD, etc., and has integral 5.1 decoder/outputs. It's great value for £29.99 from WHS, IF they're still selling it (although I've spotted it on eBay too.)