PLEASE help me decied between a 32 inch lcd or a 36 inch widscreen tv

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by vegasmtv, Sep 3, 2005.

1. vegasmtv

vegasmtv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am very new to lcd, i got really into it a few days back when i sow a LG 32LX2R at currys showing a hd video and was amazed big time.
    This tv is £1120.
    The tv has a hdmi connection
    a dvi connection
    component (on the side of the tv for some reason)
    and 2 scarts 1 rgb
    (im sure it has a few other connections too)

I have been offered a Toshiba 36 zp18q for £450.
    The toshiba has built in dd decoder and has component input (weighs 75kg just thought id throw that in there.
    FLAT SCREEN
    100Hz DYNAMIC FRAME SCAN

The tv i have now is 10 years old.

I was wanting the 37 inch lg lcd but its £1000 more for 5 inches and i think thats bs.

Is there going to be a NOTICABLE difference between a dvd playing through component on the toshiba 36 inch flat screen (widescreen) 100mghz picture companred to a hd dvd player (samsung 850) playing through the lg using hdmi lead????

Is there THAT much of a difference between component on a 2-3 year old tv with 100mghz picture compared to a lcd hdmi picture???

Is there enough of a difference to justify the close to £700 difference in price???

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, MUCH APPRECIATED

(P.S not too worried about the sound side of things as i have a amp already)

2. vegasmtv

vegasmtv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any help would be appreciated even if its just telling me if there is £700 worth of difference between a tv 36 inch with 100mghz picture and component and a lcd with hdmi when it comes to dvds and divxs.

3. dingo8yobaby

dingo8yobaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    hi there, I own a tosh 36zp38 model and its connected to a cheap £60 pioneer 2750 dvd player with component out with pal prog scan and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that apart from a slight geometry issue (horizontal bending upwards on the top right of screen), theres nothing on the lcd or plasma market I've seen that matches my 36 inch beast! ;)

4. vegasmtv

vegasmtv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you FOR THE REPLY, I THINK I WILL GO FOR THE TOSHIBA ONE THEN, THANK YOU.

5. longy

longy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    hold your hosres mate if prog scan is your mane reason for buying this screen word of warning your get a flickery pic with pal sources to me its unwatchable. but its fine with ntsc its also a bit juddery with medium to fast pans with both pal and ntsc gives me a head ache litrarely because it doesn"t use the tvs own good picture processing