PLEASE help me decied between a 32 inch lcd or a 36 inch widscreen tv

vegasmtv

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am very new to lcd, i got really into it a few days back when i sow a LG 32LX2R at currys showing a hd video and was amazed big time.
This tv is £1120.
The tv has a hdmi connection
a dvi connection
component (on the side of the tv for some reason)
and 2 scarts 1 rgb
(im sure it has a few other connections too)

I have been offered a Toshiba 36 zp18q for £450.
The toshiba has built in dd decoder and has component input (weighs 75kg just thought id throw that in there.
FLAT SCREEN
100Hz DYNAMIC FRAME SCAN

The tv i have now is 10 years old.

I was wanting the 37 inch lg lcd but its £1000 more for 5 inches and i think thats bs.

Is there going to be a NOTICABLE difference between a dvd playing through component on the toshiba 36 inch flat screen (widescreen) 100mghz picture companred to a hd dvd player (samsung 850) playing through the lg using hdmi lead????

Is there THAT much of a difference between component on a 2-3 year old tv with 100mghz picture compared to a lcd hdmi picture???

Is there enough of a difference to justify the close to £700 difference in price???

PLEASE HELP ME OUT, MUCH APPRECIATED

(P.S not too worried about the sound side of things as i have a amp already)

even if you don't know which one is better which one do you think would be worth the money a hd 32 inch tv or a 100mhs 36 inch widescreen tv with component for 700 less?

Get a CRT until high def is actually 100% become a reality. ie:all broadcasts are high def.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom