Please Help Me Decide

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PHSSLL13, Dec 26, 2006.

1. PHSSLL13

PHSSLL13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    FIRST OF ALL HELLO AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

I have been given the go ahead by my good lady wife that i can have a new cinema system for my coming birthday(40th) and i have a budget of £2,500

i want to considerably improve over my current system which consists of :-

Toshiba 36ZP48 for picture and Pioneer XV-DV303 75W all in one dvd cinema option with Dolby Digital/DTS/Prologic 2 etc which i think performs very well !

and i have shortlisted these components using the magazines but would like feedback for you professional types regarding my choices as this will probaly have to last me till at least my 45 birthday !

BUDGET FOR THIS ITEM IS £200:-

DVD PLAYER = DENON DVD-1930

I will be upgrading to SKY HD and have a large dvd library so that is the source material i will be viewing

ok so there it is dont ridicule me too much as i am new to all this i would like to know firstly about my choices if they are good and secondly if i will notice a improvement over my current system which has served me well for the last 4 years which is list at the beginning of this post and lastly if you think i could get something better out there for less or similar money ?

i look forward to hearing your views and opinions regarding my choices many thanks and once again MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

2. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +325
    Hi there :) .

In think you need to just do a post about the DVD player here, and then post in the relevant forums for your other gear. I don't know if the tv you are looking at is an LCD? If it is do a post in the LCD forum etc. That way you are more likely to get the info you require.

HNY,

T.

ps. There is also an 'All In One Systems' forum here, which would be suitable for your XV-DV303 75W you are looking at.

3. PHSSLL13

PHSSLL13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :lease: i have posted only about the dvd player you must not have read the post properly i have broken the components down into there own catagories this is for the dvd player only and the other components amps screen and speakers are all in there own sections also the XV-DV303 75W is my current all in one system which i am upgrading from along with the Toshiba 36ZP48 :suicide:

thank you

4. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +325
    Sorry, must be Christmas squiffiness.

Unfortunately, I haven't got any experience of players in the £200 area. However, I believe the Oppo 971, & newer 981, are excellent for the money, and match many more expensive ones for picture quality.

5. PHSSLL13

PHSSLL13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thank you for your reply the oppo981 looks very interesting but i cannot find any retailers in the uk for it does anyone have any info about retailers which stock this ?

have been reading in the forums about the denon dvd-1930 and theer seems to be a few disgruntled buyers despit the reviews it has gained and this is causing me some concern so the oppo looks very interesting indeed i know it has no component but i will be using HDMI anyway !

6. Smurkenstein

Smurkenstein

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    http://www.crtprojectors.co.uk/

Head over to the Oppo981 thread. There are a few testimonials. I believe this player can be had for less by importing from the US. Its all there.