• 55 9002

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mirrors90

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I need a new TV within the next month - currently i have a Panasonic CX802b - which my brother wants to buy and i want a HLG tv so i can watch the world cup in HDR in summer. So i set myself a budget of £1,700 max for a good OLED TV - and i originally wanted the Sony A1 - but that was refurb so i thought i had better not risk £1700 on a refurb!

Then i looked at the 55EZ952B - this is circa £1100 refurb/£1500 new - but the reviews state HDR isn't the best so i put this back to the queue and moved on...

LGE7 is out of my price range as this is circa £2200 - although i did order one on a deal for £1500 at Xmas but it turned out to be a glitch - but hey, you have to gamble!

LG B7 looks very good so i was decided on that - the DV support on Netflix was clincher - and this is currently retailing at £1599 at Richer Sounds - however i then saw the Philips 9002 (£1700) - and damn! I have Hue lights throughout my apartment so it would hook in nicely - but i am not sure if Dolby Vision will be missed! I mostly watch sport and netflix - and i have my Panasonic 4k Blu ray hooked up - UB900 - so i want the TV which provides me with the best performance on sports and 4k movies HDR.

There are far too many choices - and it is very hard to pick!

Thanks in advance!

Hello,
I need a new TV within the next month - currently i have a Panasonic CX802b - which my brother wants to buy and i want a HLG tv so i can watch the world cup in HDR in summer. So i set myself a budget of £1,700 max for a good OLED TV - and i originally wanted the Sony A1 - but that was refurb so i thought i had better not risk £1700 on a refurb!

Then i looked at the 55EZ952B - this is circa £1100 refurb/£1500 new - but the reviews state HDR isn't the best so i put this back to the queue and moved on...

LGE7 is out of my price range as this is circa £2200 - although i did order one on a deal for £1500 at Xmas but it turned out to be a glitch - but hey, you have to gamble!

LG B7 looks very good so i was decided on that - the DV support on Netflix was clincher - and this is currently retailing at £1599 at Richer Sounds - however i then saw the Philips 9002 (£1700) - and damn! I have Hue lights throughout my apartment so it would hook in nicely - but i am not sure if Dolby Vision will be missed! I mostly watch sport and netflix - and i have my Panasonic 4k Blu ray hooked up - UB900 - so i want the TV which provides me with the best performance on sports and 4k movies HDR.

Thanks in advance!
Hello mirrors90
Would you mind to share where the philips 9002 is available at 1700£ ??

Hello mirrors90
Would you mind to share where the philips 9002 is available at 1700£ ??
Hello! Sorry it’s 1799, richer sounds and John Lewis - seems like it’s the standard cost of it now. I wonder if it’ll drop further soon?

I’ve read that the POS is getting HDR10+ update shortly - but not Dolby vision sadly !

Just called richer sounds- none of their stores are displaying the POS as it’s a “high end product” so it’s not being stocked - only in their warehouse. They said they only show the ones which are popular sellers at a mid range price point. Fair enough - but I need to see it in store before I drop £1800

Last edited:
T
Hello! Sorry it’s 1799, richer sounds and John Lewis - seems like it’s the standard cost of it now. I wonder if it’ll drop further soon?

I’ve read that the POS is getting HDR10+ update shortly - but not Dolby vision sadly !

Just called richer sounds- none of their stores are displaying the POS as it’s a “high end product” so it’s not being stocked - only in their warehouse. They said they only show the ones which are popular sellers at a mid range price point. Fair enough - but I need to see it in store before I drop £1800
There is one on display in Leeds store.
I've lookedat it comparing side by side with lgb7 and think its noticably better picture quality wise..

T

There is one on display in Leeds store.
I've lookedat it comparing side by side with lgb7 and think its noticably better picture quality wise..
Interesting. I hear that the pic is unbeatable on it - but the lack of DV is putting me off... is there any HDR10+ content yet? I am going to try a John Lewis and see if they have any stock. I COULD gamble and order it blind - but it seems quite silly to do that

Interesting. I hear that the pic is unbeatable on it - but the lack of DV is putting me off... is there any HDR10+ content yet?
From what i have seen in the store demo it surprisingly looked brighter than lg and alot sharper to.

apparently the 55pos is best in class however it’s not marketed as strongly and the Dolby vision support isn’t there

Just buy whichever is cheapest.

Hello,

Thanks in advance!
Also take in consideration that B7 have least agresive ABL of OLED models you want so you will have more NITS/brightness in average user scenario(movies,series) and in the end more impressive HDR.
I had B6 and difference with picture brightness on B7 is visiblle.....

I don’t know who was complaining about HDR on the Panasonic. I think it looks gorgeous. Maybe compared to an LCD but we all know what the penalty is for that crazy brightness.

To be honest, you’ll be happy with any of them. I would get the Panasonic or Philips because I think the LG colour accuracy isn’t as good (though it can get very close with calibration) but there is a small risk that HDR10+ goes nowhere and you’ll feel like the picture could be improved a little bit on DV content. Can always get DV next time.

I went for LG b7, and I fired up altered carbon, wow. My Panasonic cx802 just got absolute blown out of the water with that. The colours are amazing!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom