Please help me decide between these three budget bedroom TVs: Hisense, Samsung or Philips??

Yellowmatic

Novice Member
Ok, so I've narrowed it down to three, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm looking at a 43" bedroom set, so not brightly lit. Mostly for movie and general TV viewing and some gaming (not online!). Picture-wise I'm a bit of a purist, so the more natural, or closer to the original, the better.
These are the contenders:
Hisense A7GQT
Samsung AU9007KXXU
Philips PUS7956/12
They're all from Currys and all currently priced at £400 or thereabouts. I don't really want to go bigger than 43" as it's a small bedroom.
I'm veering towards the Hisense as it seems to offer more bang for your buck. As for the Philips, I'm not that bothered about the Ambilight, I'm just interested in the picture quality. Couldn't find any reviews on it as it seems to be exclusive to Currys. And as for the Samsung, I'm told it's the best for gaming, but the lack of Dolby Vision concerns me...
I really would be grateful for anyone's input, much appreciated!

Dodgexander

Hard to ignore the Hisense given it comes with Dolby Vision and a VA panel. Providing you do want a VA panel on the TV.

Picture quality is so-so on all these models. You can't get a decent 43" nowadays. Dolby Vision support will help with some titles, but not all. The picture with HDR will look dark at times and washed out. None will follow directors' intent in HDR mode at all really, where LCD TVs generally need around 1000 nits peak brightness and a FALD system. If you're looking for something a bit more accurate, consider paying extra for the Panasonic JX800, or better, wait for 42" OLEDs next year.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom