Please help me decide before my head explodes

peterbridge1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Here's my dilemma. I am looking to replace my Yamaha 757SE Amp with something that has HDMI outputs and can handle HD sound. My 2 choices are the Denon AVR 1910 and the Yamaha RXV 1065. I use B&W M1's in a 7.1 config with a BK sub and my 757se also feeds a pair of speakers outside on the patio via its B speaker outputs.
However after much reading I am still in the dark about following, can both these Amps do 7.1 and still allow me to use the speakers outside. Also from what I have read the 1065 suffers from not being able to assign its audio inputs to a HDMI video input. I understand this has been addressed with a firmware update but from what I can tell it still only lets you assign 1 source were as the Denon lets you do it for all sources. Is this correct? Any advice would be much appreciated:lease:

Not sure about 7.1 plus other speakers (may be fine, would have to check).

But I find mine an excellent amp, and does have the flexibility you are after. Mind you, I am biased, not having tried the Yamaha!!

Also from what I have read the 1065 suffers from not being able to assign its audio inputs to a HDMI video input. I understand this has been addressed with a firmware update but from what I can tell it still only lets you assign 1 source were as the Denon lets you do it for all sources. Is this correct?
The Yamaha lets you assign a number of source video/audio combinations. And HDMI 1 to 4 are all assignable to an audio input. You can download the addendum to the 1065 manual here (and the firmaware upgrade) if you want. My 1065 came with the firmware upgrade already installed.

I'm loving the 1065. I previously had a £900 receiver, and at just over half the price the Yammy out-performs it. Lovely sound.

I suggest you judge for yourself... Have both hooked up in a test room and bring along some of your media to try it out.

Both are rated systems, it generally boils down to personal preference!

Thanks for the help, I’ve just been and picked a RX1065 from my local dealer for £489 with a 2 year guarantee. Hope the set up isn’t as complicated as it looks.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom