1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me connect up my Sony Kv36fs76

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by groove, Oct 19, 2003.

1. groove

groove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Hi ,

I wonder could anybody give me some advice on how to CORRECTLY connect up all my new gear when i arrices on Tuesday.

I will have all the following to get working somehow . :)

Sony Kv36fs76
    Sony DVP-NS730 DVD
    SOny
    Sky Plus box
    Xbox and PS2
    4 Quality ISOX scart leads
    3 IXOS Optical leads to connect to Marantz DTS amp

Now from what ive read the TV has 4 scarts 2 of which are RGB.
    I really want my consoles to go in via RGB and ive got a good quality scart switch box to plug them both into so i can switch between them so using up 1 RGB scart.

Thats where i lose the plot a little bit, dont think the family will be too impressed if its only my consoles that work........;)

So I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction to getting all the wired up correctly including the RF aerial.

I get so many opinions from people who think they know what they are doing i thought id ask you guys and get the correct way....

Thanks

2. Pug72

Pug72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    HI.

I am about to purchase the very same tv!

(the 4 scarts[2RGB] clinched it for me.)

I have Sky+ too and as I have no need for a VCR I plug my xbox into the sky+ box which will be in scart1. It passes through the RGB signal perfectly.

My DVD will be going into scart2 and as I don't use my PS2 or Gamecube much, they will be in 3 and 4.

I can through away my multi-scart box now!

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    In the interests of simplicity for other users why not use AV1&2 (that is the two rgb capable sockets according to the spec sheet i have in front of me) to accept an RGB signal from Sky and the Xbox and try an s-video signal from the dvd player (the drawback here is an unsightly cable going into the front of the tv however you can unplug it when not in use).