Please Help Me!! Computer Restarts When Playing GTA - GTX 1650 SUPER

DESPERATE2PLAY

Novice Member
Reaction score
I was given a desktop for gaming and I can only use the browser and editing software.

I have two graphics cards - Integrated: Intel HD 4600 Added: Geforce GTX 1650 Super
I have 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance
Power supply: Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX 12V 2.3
Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 CPU 3.30GHz

When I turn on GTA, as soon as I spawn in session or story mode, it completely restarts and puts me at the windows sign in screen. I have even put the game on the lowest settings and I still have this issue. I even have the issue when playing not so demanding games after a while. For example Townscaper - I can play all day long and make really large builds. As soon as I leave the game and try to open said large build the system will just restart. PLEASE DONT GET ME STARTED ON TRYING TO PLAY SIMS 4. I even installed software to check to see if the pc is over heating. The hottest I have seen it get is 52C. After seeing this I set it in BIOS to where all of the fans are running constantly (I have 4 - on on CPU, one separate fan and two on the GeForce card). I have disabled the intel card and only used the GeForce card. Sometimes it will let me play but then a cut scene will start and the computer will just crap out and restart. Most times I cant even load in the game without it restarting. I have both disabled and uninstalled the GeForce card and only used the Intel card. That will allow the game to run but the frames per second is very low (16 - 24 fps). If I start playing and for example, I cause or am in an explosion, the computer will restart. If I reinstall GeForce it will have a higher frame rate but after I benchmark and try to play it just does the same thing.

I have been having this issue for quite some time. It used to run perfectly but now it's a mess. I am at my wits end and I am tired of fighting with this computer. My only solution is to buy a new system because idk what else to do. Could it be the GeForce Card? Are these components not a good match? What am I doing wrong? I am not very hardware savvy and fed up with this system. Is there any one who has dealt with my situation and would have some useful advice for me? I would hate to have to spend over $1000 just to play GTA again.

9 times out of 10, restarts are caused by faulty ram, and GTA uses a hell of a lot of ram. It's the first place I would look.
You can test your ram and/or cpu with prime95

RAM is my thought also, soon as game dips in the extra RAM needed -if there is a fault it will bomb out. I would test the memory as solar says, If you have a cd rom drive you can burn memtest to it then boot from it and run the tests.

Did you manage to solve the restaring at all?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom