1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help me before they rubber room me away !!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by laurence harvey, Oct 1, 2004.

1. laurence harvey

laurence harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, please help a total newb bfore i go insane have just ordered a panny viera 42 inch with stand [ prob wrong decision but had to do something] and I measured my viewing distance and its only just 9 foot, I checked the screen out from same distance in local shops and I feel I am too close, the 37 inch seems better for p.quality, can anyone tell me if plasmas are sharper at 37 inch as the curries numpty said theres no diff, he also said " whats hdmi ?????" I guess it could be subjective but I would appreciate any views,
    I have the new pioneer 814 amp [very good] and 7 tannoy fussion speakers and a mordaunt short 309 sub that I would reccomend to anyone. I have ntl and a tosh dvd [prog scan and componant] but will get panny dvd recorder free with plasma [e55 model i think]. not sure if this has prog scan though ?
    any advice greatly appreciated with connections if poss please.
    thank you

2. HeweyBoy101

HeweyBoy101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    37" should look subjectively better at the same viewing distance. You need to be a fair way away from a 42" screen, especially if (like me) you are really really fussy about pq.

3. steveho

steveho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I view a 42 inch viera from 9.5ft and it's perfect,even sitting much closer than that it's still an excellent picture.

don't go for a 37 inch you will regret it

steve

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm quite fussy with picture quality and after setting it up properly the 42" is easily acceptable at 2ft away let alone 9ft.

5. laurence harvey

laurence harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank u all for your views, I walked into a power city shop to do an inspection and they had the 37 and 42 side by side with an arm chair at 9 foot away, picture was virtually the same so have gone with 42 inch, thanks for taking the time to reply guys