1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help: Linked Timer Recordings Panny DMR-E85H and Philips DTX6371 STB

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DaveBoyG, Jan 2, 2005.

1. DaveBoyG

DaveBoyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Im the proud owner of a Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD Recorder (bought through the advice on this great site) and I want to have linked recordings with a fairly old (ex-On Digital) Philips DTX 6371 Set Top Box.

I have managed to configure the settings so that the recorder switches on when a timed recording signal is sent from the Set-Top Box (I have set AV2 input to Video / AV2 Connection to Normal and Ext Link to 2). This records fine, however I have noticed that when the timed recording finishes the DVD recorder does not switch itself off and so needlessly eats up more Hard Drive Space than is necessary. I presume this is not normal, or perhaps it is - Im not sure and would appreciate any information or advice? I suppose what I am looking for is a way to stop the recorder recording once the timed programme finishes.

Much appreciated in anticipation of your guidance.

Dave