Please help - LG32LB75, and connections

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by glennuk1, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. glennuk1

glennuk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hey basically just got a new hdtv tv (LG32LB75), and want to connect my xbox 360 to it.
    So i have the xbox pro, but not hdmi cable, however my av cable has the normal av plus 3 other inputs, red green and blue!

My question is which ones do i use, my tv has 5 inputs, but with the normal 3 and the extra 3 which one do i leave out, i left the white out at first cos it wasn't on the colour coded inputs on the back, but then i had no sound, so i put the white in for a red one on the normal avcable and the sound is back.

Just wandered if anyone could help!

Also any general things that would help me, such as a good dvd player to get, mine currently is a region free dvd player, but is very old i don't know th emodel number but its about 4 years old, its a Lodos, i have heard about upscaling dvd players, and not 100% sure on what they are, but is it for hdtvs?
    Also what settings are best to use to get the best performace from my tv.

BTW so far i am very impressed with it, it looks great :_Hey basically just got a new hdtv tv (LG32LB75), and want to connect my xbox 360 to it.
    So i have the xbox pro, but not hdmi cable, however my av cable has the normal av plus 3 other inputs, red green and blue!

My question is which ones do i use, my tv has 5 inputs, but with the normal 3 and the extra 3 which one do i leave out, i left the white out at first cos it wasn't on the colour coded inputs on the back, but then i had no sound, so i put the white in for a red one on the normal avcable and the sound is back.

Just wandered if anyopne could help :)

2. kovacs

kovacs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    First of all, congrats on getting a great TV set. I've had this LCD since Christmas and it is excellent with SD signals and even my old, cheap Sony DVD player is treated well by it.

Sounds to me like you do have the Xbox HD component cable...just connect it as the colors suggest and you should be fine...?

3. Dr Zaius

Dr Zaius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi

Also remember to set the switch on the Xbox360 component cable to HDTV. Here is a link explaining how to connect using component:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906303

hope this helps

4. glennuk1

glennuk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks guys,

I Have a new problem, my remote control for the TV, doesn't have a text button, a tv guide button, or the red, blue, green, and yellow buttons, used fo tv text and digital text and some programs.

Did i get the wrong remote, can i get a new remote or what should i do, i always use teletext and at the moment i can't, and where as a guide would be useful, i'm more bothered about not being able to use text!

5. Dr Zaius

Dr Zaius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  6. glennuk1

glennuk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hey also, as wondering, i currently have my dvd player hooked up and when im watching dvds, when it changes like camera angle or scene the backgroudn colour sort of dims then brightens and stuff like that, however if i watch the same dvd on my 360 the colour changes do not occur!

Any ideas?

I thought it may be because i am using an old scart lead for my dvd player, and the component leads for my 360! Could that be the case?

or could it just be because my dvd player is old and crap?

7. kovacs

kovacs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I use an old and crappy Sony DVD via Scart on the LG and it's very good. I do have a good, shielded Scart cable though, might be exactly what you need.

8. glennuk1

glennuk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Also will an hdmi v 1.3 lead work even though the LG has hdmi v 1.2 ports? Anyone found the best settings for this tv yet?

9. kovacs

kovacs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  10. glennuk1

glennuk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
  11. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    you would be better off asking in the dvd/upscaling players forum, as this is taking the thread off topic...but for £30 it's worth taking a chance on.

Curly