please help . installation question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by superste, May 30, 2003.

1. superste

superste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok this is just a summation if anyone can help if i wont work i am not that bothered cause i have 1 alrady good home cinema in another room

goodmans 28" tv only has 2 scart sockets. also has the front 3 sockets but that is not really important

sky box -2 scart and the left and right audio out

philips home cinema kit - DvD 5 speakers and subwoffer

i also have a vcr but that is not important

so if any knows how to fix this up so i can listen to any type of dolby when watching sky thanks a lot cause at the moment i can only watch dvd in dolby

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,599
    If your Sky unit isn't a Sky+ unit or a Sony type then it won't have a Digital Audio out socket which means you'll be unable to listen to Dolby Digital on Sky. However you should be able to hook the left/right audio out on Sky to left/right audio inputs on your Home Cinema setup to give Dolby Surround (which the unit may be able to modify to Dolby Pro-Logic II).

As for setting up the rest - well Scart connections from the Sky TV Out to the TV and from Sky VCR socket to the VCR. The second TV Scart could be used for connecting the home cinema. Of course if your TV has one or more RGB enabled Scart sockets this may change. Can you post more details on this?

3. superste

superste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the help but at the moment there is an audio out on the sky box so i use this to connect to the sub woofer but this only allows me to listen to everything in stero sound so all the speakers are producing the same noise. i am new to this home entertainement but i am not sure if my subwoofer and all decodes analouge sound into digital except for the dvd player. do you know how i can be certain and how to know if a one does because i might take this one back and get a new one