Please............... HELP... Infocus 5700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by esilvin, Oct 29, 2004.

1. esilvin

esilvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad:

Hello everyone,

I need someone's help please.

I recently purchased an infocus 5700 with a 2m retractable screen and had both professionally installed. The pj was installed using the normal 5700 ceiling mount but the lense was not properly aligned (25cms off center) to the center of the screen. Therefore, it is impossible for me to get a projection which is straight on the screen.

From what I understand, the only way to fix this is to align the lense with the center of the screen (due to the fact that this pj only has vertical keystone and not horizontal).

What I thought of doing was changing the ceiling mount in order to put a cradle ceiling mount. This would have for effect to inverse the pj itself and therefore the lense would move about 25 cms and would therefore be aligned to the center of the screen.

Can anyone let me know if this will actually work since this would resemble a table mounted pj but actually attached to the ceiling? What I am affraid of is that the throw will now be showing too high because of this. Can anyone give me any recommendations please?

Many thanks.

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    You are correct in your fears that the image would be too high. The image projects at an angle and the bottom of the image is about 2.5ft above the centre of the lens. So if you had it on the ceiling the correct way up as opposed to upside down, then your image would be somewhere on the ceiling too!!!
    If it's not possible to re-position the screen or the projector then you're just gonna have to put up with it I'm afraid !

3. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    and I'd get the "professionals" who installed it the first time to come and correct their mistake for free !!