Please help in TV choice....

Sami

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

OK, I really need some help.

I want to get a new widescreen TV as I finally feel the need to upgrade from my crappy BUSH 14" portable!

After some searching I have found two models which are within my price range and that are by a reputable TV Manufaturer!

These sets are:

PANASONIC TX28PS1C
http://www.robertsons-online.co.uk/get_product_details.asp?P=112645

and

PANASONIC TX28PS12C
http://www.robertsons-online.co.uk/get_product_details.asp?P=112651

Now, I have read the thread about the diff between 50hz and 100hz.... and am confused to be honest! Will the 100hz be good on the PS12C ? Will it make that much of a difference?

There is about an £80 difference in price between the two... I just need to know which one would be the better of the two to get...

Does anybody own either of these sets? etc etc...

Please any advice would be very much so appreciated as I am basically a first time buyer! Any retailer recommendations would be good as well (especially for warranty etc etc)

I have sen both sets in action at a Panasonic shop... however the person serving that day was not particularly helpful (I don't think he took me as a serious buyer) and he played a DVD through each set, but through two different DVD players, so it didin't really help for comparison..... At the time I personally couldn't ell much difference.. but as I said it wasn't really a conclusive test!

Just to let you know, I am looking for which will be the better for playing games on my PS2 as well as watching DVDs on my Sony DVPS325 DVD player (I think that's the model number)

Am planning on getting a freeview box as well, but need to check whether it will work with an aeiral in room as I don't have connectoin for main house areial

Please let me know what you guys think!

Cheers

Sami

I don't know about the difference between the 50 Hz and 100 Hz pictures, but one thing to bear in mind is that the PS1 has two SCARTS, one of which is RGB, and the PS12 has three SCARTS, two of which are RGB. With the kit you have at the moment, you could run both in RGB on the PS12, but not on the PS1. When you get a Freeview box, you could have that on one of the RGB SCARTs, then have the DVD and PS2 on a switch on the other RGB SCART. Hope that makes sense ;).

Dave.

Originally posted by daveabrey
I don't know about the difference between the 50 Hz and 100 Hz pictures, but one thing to bear in mind is that the PS1 has two SCARTS, one of which is RGB, and the PS12 has three SCARTS, two of which are RGB. With the kit you have at the moment, you could run both in RGB on the PS12, but not on the PS1. When you get a Freeview box, you could have that on one of the RGB SCARTs, then have the DVD and PS2 on a switch on the other RGB SCART. Hope that makes sense ;).

Dave.

HOw did you find out that the PS12 has two RGBs? I didn't see that registered on the site...

Cheers

Sami

Sami,

PS1

Under 'Terminals':

AV1 21 Pin Full Function with RGB In

PS12

Under 'Terminals':

AV1 21 Pin Full Function with RGB In
AV4 21 Pin Av IN/OUT and S Video/RGB In

Hope that helps :).

Dave.