please help. images required of pc desktop.

rockmonkey1973

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi everyone.

i am in the market for a new tv but it will only be for pc use ie. general windows, internet browsing and media centre duties (dvd, divx, bbc player and mpeg4 etc).

i have a choice between 3 720p tvs. the samsung 4 series, sony s3000 or panasonic lmd70.

or i go 1080p with either the tosh xv5... or the samsung 5 series.

my laptop has an x3100 intel graphics with hdmi out. the intel documentation suggests it will support 1360*768 and 1920*1080 output via the hdmi or the vga port. obviously i will be using the hdmi port.

so basically after much reading i have a few questions and a favour to ask.

1.which of the 3 720p tvs support 1-1 pixel mapping ie picture perfect desktop image with no over or underscan in 1360*768?

2.which of the 1080p tvs would be the best choice for monitor useage.

3.could any of you kind folks please post up some images running windows desktop on any of the above tvs. i am especially keen to see both the sammys the sony and the tosh.

bottom line is i am leaning towards either the tosh xv or the sony s3000 but would really like to see in the flesh so to speak both of the tvs running windows before i choose.

heres hoping you lot can help me out. i have tried google for images and done some searches here but havent been able to find any that are satisfactory.

many thanks in advance.

ok.

i have spied the desktop resolution on the tosh in the official thread. looks good i have to say.

so really just after an image of any of the 3 720p tvs running windows at 1360.

would really appreciate somone posting one up or linking me to anywhere so that i can see for myself what this resolution looks like. many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom