1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help - I'm going mental with my Pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ricdiggle, Dec 23, 2002.

1. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Just got an Arcam DT81 Dab Tuner and I'm doing the pronto edit thing again for the first time in an age!

Anyway,
    I've created bitmaps for all the stations, these are now looking good. The first 8 are all BBC stations and I've programmed these in fine.

The other 8 are various other stations but here in lies the problem:

To get preset 9, you have to hold down button 1; To get preset 10, you hold button 2; And so on and so on...

Is there any way I can make the Pronto do the holding down part for me? I.e. I just press the button briefly, but the Pronto holds it down until the station is selected.

Many thanks for any advice you have.

Richard.

Oh, Anyone know if the Dt81 has standby function??

2. mkjustuk

mkjustuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The Pronto can't do 'holds' in a simple way. The best thing to do is to time the minimum you have to hold the preset for. Then create a macro behind the 9,10,11 etc preset bitmaps that has the 1,2,3 etc button as an alias several times, spaced out with a delay of < 0.5 or so seconds. The idea being that the pronto is blasting out a repeated code so quickly that the Arcam believes it is a constant hold.

3. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks,

I'll give that a go.

4. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just tried it and the Arcam didn't seem fooled for a minute.
    It just switched to preset 1 several times. (I was trying to get preset 9)

I had the delay set to 0.1 secs - the lowest you can have I think.

Ho hum, any more ideas anyone?

Richard.

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    What about putting NO delays, just a number of repeating aliases?

6. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    didn't think of that,
    I'll let you know how I get on.

P.S. DT81 has no standby function - Got an E-mail from Arcam this a.m. about it.

Richard

7. simonb68

simonb68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you haven't already you could try posting the question here http://www.prontoedit.com/forums , they're not that well frequented but somebody might have the answer if the other suggestion doesn't work.

8. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    There is some stuff on remotecentral about what the format of the learned IR code stuff is about, but I believe you may be able to make this work by manually editing the code. Look at the first 4 numbers of the learned code - the 3rd and 4th are the number of burst pairs for a single button press, and a held down button press respectively. If the pronto has learned both, 3rd and 4th numbers will both be non zero.

Umm, I've realised that I'm not going to be able to explain this in less than 20 pages :). Tell you what, copy a learned code up here, and I'll have a play and see if I can fix it.

Have you actually tried just holding down your button press on the pronto? It should cope with repeated codes if it has been learned by holding down the button in the first place...

Andrew

9. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL - This is getting a bit confusing for me!

This is one of the learned codes - it's for preset 5 and needs to be held to get preset 13:

5000 0072 0000 0001 0011 005f

This is the one for presets 2 and 10:

5000 0072 0000 0001 0011 005c

Hope that helps:confused:

It does work if I hold down the button on the pronto but the wife cannot remember to do this and is whinging at me to fix it!

Thanks for all your help.

Richard.

10. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The business of getting a Pronto or Marantz RC to do holds is a real pain!.....I've also had problems with mine in getting it to sustain an IR pulse for long enough to set the CD player to tracks above 9....similar problems editing the pulse to give fine volume control on the Tag AV32R.

IMHO the real problem is in the quality of the software package bundled with the remote,and the absolute lack of documentation....come on Philips/Marantz....it's a great product,how about some decent support!

BTW...while on the topic of support,top marks to Remotecentral..wonderful site.

11. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Ah, Arcam uses RC5 codes (5000 first number) rather than PWM (learned PWM codes all start with 0000). In which case it might be easiest to educate the wife :).

However, info here indicates that codes 91-98 are used for these presets, and hex 5f is indeed 95, so you could try creatinmg copies of the buttons and changing the last hex code to:
    0063 = 9
    0064 = 10
    006a = 16

Not guaranteeing it'll work, but worth trying.

Andrew