Please help identifying this movie...

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I remember in the early 70's, I used to watch the TV for ages in the summer holidays. I was less than 10 at the time.
When there were just 3 channels, one of them - BBC2 or ITV I think, used to show movies during the day. They were repeated regularly and used to pad out the schedule. One of them I distinctly remember was about a couple of cowboy types - maybe Australian - in a very barren landscape. It was set in modern times because I think there was a truck. Not clear about that detail.
One of the guys nearly got bitten by a snake and the other saved him. I think.
Can anyone please help identify this movie?
Thanks

I remember in the early 70's, I used to watch the TV for ages in the summer holidays. I was less than 10 at the time.
When there were just 3 channels, one of them - BBC2 or ITV I think, used to show movies during the day. They were repeated regularly and used to pad out the schedule. One of them I distinctly remember was about a couple of cowboy types - maybe Australian - in a very barren landscape. It was set in modern times because I think there was a truck. Not clear about that detail.
One of the guys nearly got bitten by a snake and the other saved him. I think.
Can anyone please help identify this movie?
Thanks

Probably way off base here, but sounds like a scene from "Westworld".

can you remember any more as it sounds like you and I are from a similar era.. flashing blade, robinson crusoe, champion the wonder horse etc.. might ring a bell with more info

berth

:)

just had a thought - it wasn't alias smith and jones was it? or is that too obvious....

Stuart

I asked about the very same film on these forums nearly three years ago, but never did get a proper answer...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112654

Not sure whether this was a short film, TV series or what....

Early 70s and was shown frequently in the morning during the old 'Schools and Colleges' schedules.

Don't remember it being educational though!

It was Australian and the only part I remember is two stereotypical ausssies driving through the outback in a truck. They get out to repair a flat tyre and one gets bitten by a snake

Uncanny :eek:

I definatley remember the truck breaking down, i think there was a flat tyre or something and one of the truckers got bitten by a snake whilst changing the wheel or doing some maintenance.

Always used to be on before 'The Boy From Space'.

Defo not Westworld or Alias Smith and Jones

Could it be 'Skippy'???? :)

Probably way off base here, but sounds like a scene from "Westworld".

I can see the similarity. But this was definitely not Westworld. It was slow paced and 'gentle' suitable for daytime TV in the early 70s.

can you remember any more as it sounds like you and I are from a similar era.. flashing blade, robinson crusoe, champion the wonder horse etc.. might ring a bell with more info

berth

:)

Yeah I was born in '65. Flashing Blade was ace!
I'm racking my brain here and I have an imagery of the bloke wearing shorts. That's what makes me think it was contemporary and Australian.

Stuart

I asked about the very same film on these forums nearly three years ago, but never did get a proper answer...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112654

Uncanny :eek:

I definatley remember the truck breaking down, i think there was a flat tyre or something and one of the truckers got bitten by a snake whilst changing the wheel or doing some maintenance.

Always used to be on before 'The Boy From Space'.

Defo not Westworld or Alias Smith and Jones

Yeah that defo sounds like it. Glad I'm not alone!

There use to be a modern day cowboy series in the 70's I think and it stared Glen Ford in Cades County.

No, don't thnk it was Boney.

I'm pretty sure it was a short film and used as a 'filler' between the BBC Schools & colleges programmes in the early 70s

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom