Please help identify washer dryer

Discussion in 'Domestic White Goods Forum' started by Teknokid, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Teknokid

Teknokid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi all,

I've just moved into a new flat, which already had a washer/dryer installed.

Unfortunately it's got absolutely no branding on it, and I'm struggling to get it to work properly. If I set it to a wash cycle, it just rinses for hours on end (I stopped it after 8...).

If anyone has any idea what the buttons do or where I'm going wrong, that would be great!

Attached Files:

2. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,579
    On the powder drawer the left list is cottons I reckon. 1 would be prewash usually I think - can't quite see the symbols. Middle list is synthetics by the looks of it. Right list is wool. If you want to dry set the dryer dial to time - it looks like it has symbols on the left side of the dial for ironing dry, cupboard dry and really dry as well as the minutes on the right of the dial. Maybe the left side of the dial is automatic drying - not sure. Next dial is water temp and right hand dial is the program. Work out which end of the pointer is the one that points to the program number. Then point it at the desired program after referencing the numbers on the lists on the powder drawer. Left button is lower and higher speed spin. Don't recognise the next button to the right, then looks like half load button, then on/off power button. Left light is door lock I think and right light is power.

So say you want cottons etc keep power off. Set program dial to say 2 or 3 or whatever program you want. Set water temperature. High speed spin maybe is button in. If you want to dry, set dryer time or try a symbol like cupboard dry. If no dry wanted leave that dial at 0. Press power on . Oh yeh powder and stuff in drawer.

Good luck :)

3. Teknokid

Teknokid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thank you for replying!

I understood the dials to work similarly to how you suggested. I went for setting 4, left everything else as standard (40 degree wash). Also set the middle dial to 40 degrees and the dryer to off.

Machine then proceeded to rinse for 8 hours. I'm wondering if the the second dial is a rise temperature or something? Not really sure why you set the temperature with the mode and the dial?

4. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,579
    The programs do not control temperature - the symbols should match the ones on clothes. They set time of wash and how vigorous. If the correct end of the program dial was on 4 it should work. Try without clothes on various numbers . The power button is good since you can try heaps of programs very quickly. Round in the wool cycle the last position should be drain. Just thought - unidentified button could be rinse hold? That one and the one that might be half load could be critical.

5. Teknokid

Teknokid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    ah ok, that all makes sense, thank you! I'm going to try with the unidentified button pushed in to see if that works and will report back