1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help i beg you

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ianlecompte, Dec 22, 2003.

1. ianlecompte

ianlecompte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    borrowed a n infocus lp425 from a friend and cant get a piture,i get the start up projector screen but no feed from the dvd.i,m using an s video cable and have checked all of the connectors and gone through all the menus,everything is as it should be.i get an image sometimes but only briefly.this happened before and it eventually was o.k but i cant remember if i did any thing different.am i missing something obvious,please help i was looking forward to an xmas with the big screen

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Welcome to this part of the forum................

Have you gone through the settings on the projector to make sure the input "Svideo" is selected on the PJ?

Have you tried a different Svideo cable - do you know that there's nothing wrong with the Svideo cable you're using ?

Check the manual for the dvd player to make sure you don't need to select "Svideo" out ?

Have you tried using composite out (yellow RCA socket on both the PJ and the DVD player ? you can use any old interconnect to test it out ..... ??

come back and tell us more once you've tried these out....

Sean G.

3. ianlecompte

ianlecompte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    yeah tried all that,the pj only has an option for video or computer,i have selected video on all menusalso tried yellow video cable,same results

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Are you sure your getting a s-vid signal from your DVD player and that the s-vid cable is working correctly.

Try using a vcr is composite feed to the pj. If that works try the same cable on the dvd and muck about with the DVD until you see and image. Then try using the s-vid cable.

I used to have a Infocus LP425z and it never had issues using video feeds.

5. ianlecompte

ianlecompte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    for some weird reason if i plug in the yellow vid lead as well,it works although the image is flickering a little.p.s the yellow cable is only connected at the pj end.