Please Help! High Pitch Tone Feedback

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by rids666, Dec 22, 2006.

1. rids666

rids666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    This problem is based around my newly purchased Panasonic TH 37PX60B Plasma TV.
    Since installing this i have had a high pitch audio tone through my speakers, which is not loud but definately present.
    I'll try and keep it to the basics:
    TV to Toshiba SD 360E DVD Player via HDMI.
    DVD Player to Denon 1707 Amp Via Digi Coax.

Problem only happens with the Amp on (Obviously) and TV plugged in. If i unplug the TV or break the link from the TV in anyway then i get clear sound.

This problem also happened with my Sony sky box using a scart and standard red and interconnects, but i got around this link by using an optical lead.

I would have happily done the same with the DVD player however the 360e does not have optical out.:(

I could just go out and buy a new DVD player but the toshiba is new and besides that i feel that surely i should be able to link my system with any of the available connections.

I'm hoping that someone can help me. I've tried everything i can think of to try and eliminate the problem but no joy. I'ts really starting to get me down.:suicide:

It does not do it with my portable tv and ive tried a different amp but still no joy HELP :lease:

2. rids666

rids666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I can't believe that i'm the only one to have had this problem.
    Any ideas would be helpfull please.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

3. Frosties

Frosties
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have a ground loop! If you take out the antenna is the sound gone? If yes, get a filter for the antenna cable.