Please HELP, HD connection probs

Kazza72

Novice Member
Hi
Would really appreciate some advice. I have a Philips 37pf9986 tv which only has dvi-i for HD (no HDMI or component). I want to get an xbox 360, but how can I connect it so I have two sources of HD. I currently connect my Sky HD video to the tv via HDMI to DVI-I. All of my audio goes to a separate speaker (Yamaha DSP 800), so it's just video I need to sort out.
Please can someone help?? :lease:

JUS

Humm...bit of a limitation that. you need a switcher but it's difficult...360 doesn't have a HDMI or DVI cable...only component or VGA. SKYHD has component and HDMI...so common is input is component...

You could do a google to see if you can find a switcher but it's an odd combination...I guess you could always buy a receiver that has component inputs and a HDMI output (and convert it to DVI).

Jus.

Kazza72

Novice Member
JUS said:
Humm...bit of a limitation that. you need a switcher but it's difficult...360 doesn't have a HDMI or DVI cable...only component or VGA. SKYHD has component and HDMI...so common is input is component...

You could do a google to see if you can find a switcher but it's an odd combination...I guess you could always buy a receiver that has component inputs and a HDMI output (and convert it to DVI).

Jus.
Anyone know if such a thing exists? Otherwise havce to wait for PS3 and use my HDMI switcher. Cheers.

charliecossie

Novice Member
Lektropacks is your friend.
They do DVI/VGA adaptors and component/DVI converters.
Your requirements will depend on what your TV will accept over it's DVI input - the adaptors are 15 quid and the converters are 150 upwards!

Kazza72

Novice Member
What about using a receiver eg. the sony STRDG700? Would that give me the connections I need and I can then connect the receiver using hdmi to dvi-i?