1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help guys: My ipod has stopped communicating with my pc and iturnes

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Gorshin, Jan 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've had my ipod for a few months and have happily imported about 800 songs from cds. However, I went to update it after importing a couple of 'Smiths' albums and it will not send the music to the ipod via usb. The wire is working as I can still charge through the usb cable. I have adjusted no settings on either the computer or ipod. Anyone any suggestions please. All help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

2. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the Apple iPod support site:

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/ipod/

for help. Particularly try (if you haven't already) resetting, and then restoring.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try going to the Apple Discussions forum:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/

where you can read user threads about iPods to see if anything similar exists, or post your own thread.

It could be your computer/USB port/cable/connector/dock at fault, so check all of them (try another computer - particularly one with FireWire if you have access to one). If you need to have the iPod serviced follow the link off the Apple iPod Support site to request repair and you'll get it back rapidly (usually by return). If the iPod's still under warranty this'll all be done FOC of course.

Keep us posted.

3. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Still not working. Stange thing is that it looks as though its charging, but when I pull the usb cable out the battery bar is completely depleted. Will try charging from the mains. Please help :lease:

4. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I think that you have got the answer.
    I would guess that the iPod is not charging from the USB port, in fact I did not know that they could charge from a USB port, but only from a fire wire port.
    Plug the iPod into the docking station with that plugged into the mains and let it have a good charge overnight. Then try synching using USB.

5. Gavlaw1

Gavlaw1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ipods certainly do charge from the USB cable. Some CDs have there own player and will not work with itunes. Try loading another CD and see if that works.

6. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or try it in another USB port.

See if it's actually connecting to the PC and just not being seen by itunes. Should see a "safely remove hardware" icon in the taskbar if it's connected.

7. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What do you mean by this? ALso, charged ipod via mains but still not able to be recognised by my computer/itunes :nono:

8. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gorshin, I don't have the answer for you but if you don't get a satisfactory answer to your question, try asking at the ipod studio...

9. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    did u charge the ipod up from the mains last night??

10. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :smoke: talk about :rtfm: Just reset it and it working now :laugh: Should :rtfm: a little bit more. :smashin: for all your comments though. Off to play Call of Duty online :cool: