Please help - Forgotten how to wire up my setup

BigFas

Established Member
Reaction score
Just moved house and had to break down my (old) AV setup which was installed by the dealer about 8 years ago.

I've bought a new TV for the main living room and relegated the old setup to my study. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to cable everything up.

I have a Sony VA 333ES amp, driving a Panasonic TH 37 PW5 plasma monitor. All I want to do is connect my sky box, all I'm getting is a grainy black and white picture.

I have all the cables, just no idea :(

Back of monitor has these inputs:

Monitor.jpg

Amp has these

amp.jpg

All I want to do is connect my (basic) sky box

Many thanks!

I took some pictures and made some notes during the tear down, but if I'm honest, the move was fraught, and nothing makes sense.

Last edited:
Key piece of missing information

My Sky box is connected via Scart to an RGB to S-Video converter.
From the Sky box to RGB in is basic scart. From RGB out, I've got 3 cables. One is going to Video 2, S2 Video IN The one in the top right of the video 2 input area and two audio cables going into the input side of the audio section of that same area (hopefully that makes sense!)

What sky box do you have ? Most Sky+ boxes have SVid out.
And does the amp upconvert ? My Yam will take an SVid signal and output it over component

Never mind. All sorted. Had the scart plugged into the wrong terminal on the converter box. All sorted now :)

Never mind. All sorted. Had the scart plugged into the wrong terminal on the converter box. All sorted now :)

Cool. glad your sorted .

Can you remove the

Will do, wasn't aware of hotlinking rule.

Many are not, but it was in the rules when you agreed to them ;) :D

There is a thread in General Chat with a useful guide on how to do it . IF your brave enough to go into GC of course :laugh:

happy browsing :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom