Please Help ...... Finlux 26FLD745

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by lewimc88, Apr 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. lewimc88

lewimc88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seen this TV on http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Finlux_26inch_HD_Ready_LCD_TV_26FLD745/version.asp for £300. While i have never heard of the brand i think it is relativity cheap for what you get.

Has anyone had this set or heard anything good about them, for £300 its not a bad deal and 26" would be great for my bedroom.

I will be mainly using it for PS3, Sky and my xbox 360, also it has a PC input with PIP/POP so thats good but i need to know if it does 1:1 pixel mapping to.

If anyone has any other information on this set/brand it would be most appreciated. Just need some opinions before i buy a TV, i was thinking about the Mirai but just wondered if anyone can help me out with this set.

Cheers lewimc88

2. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I've been considering this LCD too but could do with more info or read a decent review. Did a search on Google and found that Asda and Miller Brothers both sell it at approx £350 so may be a way of actually seeing the set before buying.

3. igauk

igauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The Finlux website is here http://www.finlux.com They were a manufacturer of high quality TVs (bit like Loewe) but went bust. The brand name was bought by Vestel (large contract manufacturer, I think this is their first own brand). Production has moved to Turkey I think with design/marketing etc. still in Finland. Whether these new TVs continue the design/quality level of the old Finlux I don't know but it is tempting at that price!

4. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for that info igauk. I'm looking for an LCD for my son's bedroom to facilitate his PC, Xbox360 (in HD) and TV with additional connectivity. I do remember Finlux of old so was surprised to see this sort of price for a 26" LCD TV. I was about to buy a 19" Samsung 940MG at £229 but for an additional £70 it's very tempting. Just need to find a large Asda to scout it out.

5. sauluk

sauluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  6. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    My personal reasons for not forking out another £80 is my budget was up to £250 for a 19" LCD for my sons bedroom and would already have forked out extra. Number 2 son will be wanting one as well once he see's it :thumbsdow

7. lewimc88

lewimc88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for response guys, i have been searching for reviews for this TV for along time and seems great for the price. I might pop along my local asda to see if they have any of them in and any further information.

Please keeps your comments coming :)

8. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I'm hoping to have a look in Asda Living in Glasgow this afternoon. Had a quick wander round there couple of weeks back and remember there was a large selection of cheapy TVs. Will post back if I find anything of interest.