Please Help - Fill in the ????

W

WBC

Guys,

Please see attached and give me your views.

I need a box to help me with distributing SKy around the home, At present its only to a second TV, it may go to a third or fourth so I need a four point distribution box but I would like two inputs. One for my RF2 out from sky and one from terrestrial. The way this is currently cabled, I have a cable I can use running back to the loft from my RF2. The terrestrial cable is in the loft, so I would like to distribute from these as opposed to running another cable from the sky box upto the loft for terrestrial (if that makes sense?? :confused: :confused: )

What can you recommend?? I have looked at the 'loftbox' and although it looks like it can do it, it uses f-connectors and is expensive, there must be other options?

I basically want sky and terrestrial channels on TV2.

Thanks in Advance
Stace :D

I would have thought that if you feed the aerial into the digibox first it would then be output along with the sky signal on the rf2 outlet.

I fully agree, but that would require extra cabling which I am trying to avoid.

If you can imagine from the picture, the cable being used from RF2 was originally fed from terrestrial to the sky box.

I now want to use that cable to feed the distribution box, if I can, it negates the need to drill any more holes in the wall.

Any other ideas???

I can't honestly say if this will work or not but the amplifier I have has two inputs, one for aeriel and one for FM signals. Both the inputs are co-axial and all the outputs are co-axial so it may be possible to input two TV signals. However I'm sure someone with more knowledge might well point out why TV and FM signals are different.

The link is
http://www.beststuff.co.uk/aerial_amplifiers.htm

You will need distribution amps. which will pass the "eye's" signal, otherwise it won't work.

Is there possibly something like a splitter/combiner (not sure of the correct term) that will take the terrestrial and sky cables and feed them into one cable which will then plug into the distribution box?????

The way I am doing this is to use a five way TV booster. I take the external aerial and put this into the sky box. The sky box goes to the DVD recorder which goes into the input of the TV booster. The TV booster distributes the signal to all connected TV's. By tuning the TV to channel 36 (I think) I can watch sky all over the house. The only problem is I can't change the channel. This could be overcome with some kind of remote extender.

James

One solution is to get one of these .I saw it on ebay when I was looking through the tv and cinema section . You plug it in befor and after the distribution amp and it feeds the 9volt through a seperate cable so to bypass the amp

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks for the replies guys but I'm aware of how to do this by plugging the terrestrial into the sky box.

However, this is not how I want to do it, I don't want to run extra cables.

I have a sky output cable going to the loft. I have a terrestrial cable in the loft, I want to put these two cables into a distribution amp/box and then feed extra TV's from here.

Perhaps I can plug these two cable into something that will output one cable that will then go into the dist box?????

Any ideas?

Stace you need a combiner to get both analogue/terrestrial and Sky+ into one cable, and then into distribution system Channels + do ones that have IR pass back for control of sky box 5558 system is excellent! control VCR/DVD etc remotely!!!

Televes and Global (Loftbox) do something along the lines of what you are looking for.

Thanks Guys.............

........but as mentioned at the begiining of the thread, the loftbox is probably overkill and is more than I want to spend.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom