Please help Faulty Onkyo TX-SR876EU

Spen1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with my Onkyo TX-SR876EU amp.It didnt switch on unless you take the plug out then push it back in approx 5 times then all of a sudden you hear some electronic tick sound and it comes alive. to avoid this happening i left the amp on when turning everything else off.It was going fine then tonight all of a sudden the screen froze on the tv, sound was still playing and you could hear in back ground noise of me changing channels.I tried a Dvd it was fine for 20mins then froze when switching back to sky it had the same frozen screen of the sky channel i watched before dvd.I switched the amp off thinking i would have to do the 5 or so take plug and put in but is not turning on at all now.Any ideas and Help as to whats wrong will be massively thanked.

It now switches on however on screen displayed under the CBL/SAT it says No Signal have tried it on DVD SAT AND PLAYSTATION all of which have sep hdi cables going in to amp. I purchased the amp in may 09 Please help I am lost :facepalm:

Last edited:
AKAIK all Onkyo's come with 3 year manufacturers warranty so you need to contact Genserve to arrange a repair.

Hi Spen,

There are other things this could be but my first guess if you brought this to me as an engineer would be that the power supply has a fault.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom