1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help dspa1 setup?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bug, May 7, 2001.

1. bug

bug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    My kit is as follows yamaha dspa1,toshiba sd9000 and mission 782,78c and 78ds also i have a mission 75as.I am looking to upgrade my speaker cable qed-silver biwire any advice?.
    Also is biwire cable beneficial to a setup like mine?.
    And one last request if you have a dspa1 can you please let me know how you have set it up as i do not think that i am getting the best out of mine ;)
    ---------------------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL ****UPS

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: bug ]

2. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would suggest you try to audition the QED cable before you buy. I found it had a very detailed treble but at the expense of lower bass. Try comparing it with CableTalk Concerto, I found the Concerto to have the same sweet treble as the QED but with much better bass.

Check out the 'BIWIRE, your thoughts' thread in the General Hardware section to get some opinions on bi-wiring. My advice would be not to bother if you mainly use your system for home cinema.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think the DSP-A1 is very easy to setup if you have voice matched speakers (same brand/series), ie no need to mess around with the equalizers.
    The only thing you need to do is level the volume using a SPL meter and set the center delay, that's it.
    Sure, you can tweak some more but you must know if it brings any benefit or "colours" the sound (which could of course be to you liking).

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree,
    I find alot of the preset settings are fine for my use. Fantastic amp would'nt you agree?
    If you mess around with the settings and it sounds better fine! If not put them back to the preset's.

;)

5. bug

bug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all by the way nico the 78ds and the 78c are superlative. ;)