please help!!!!downgrade probs

kourosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please help some1 im so thick :suicide: ive read a few guides on how to downgrade but im getting stuck,can some1 please be kind(i know this is a bit much)and maybe take pictures step by step from computer screen and post on here ive been trying for about 5hours now :confused: im getting stuck on the last bit where it tells you to put h.bin and index.dat in root of memory stick,but im not sure where the root of memory stick is and every time i go to photo viewer it turns it self off the version 1.5 is in the game part but it wont let me run it :confused: :confused: help please

You know when you plug in your PSP and you see Removable Disc in My Computer? Double Click on that. You're now in the root of the drive.

so when i double click removable i get 2 folders 1 psp and the other is MP_ROOT so what folders do h.bin and index.dat go in MP_ROOT is the folder that i use to watch movies

kourosh said:
so when i double click removable i get 2 folders 1 psp and the other is MP_ROOT so what folders do h.bin and index.dat go in MP_ROOT is the folder that i use to watch movies

The files go in neither folder. Just put them outside the folders.

What Eddy said. MP_ROOT and PSP are subfolders of the root folder.

ok done that now when i go to the photo viewer i have overflow showing but nothing is happening im not getting the 2 lines of letters and numbers :confused:

lol

a "root" is exactly that "The Root"

I.E; The root = the base = the highest level.

So if someone said put so and so a file in the root of your hard drive and the drive letter of that hard drive was "C" for instance. You would put the file in C:\

can't help you with the rest tho as my memcard got parceled up by mistake during a swap for my faulty psp and the dick head of a courier took the lot - ****er, and sony said it would take at least 4 weeks to get back to me!!!

but i digress

Step by Step Guide. Assume that the letter of your PSP drive is H:

Step 1: Go to H:\
Step 2: Go to H:\PSP\GAME and create a folder called UPDATE
Step 3: Copy EBOOT.PBP to H:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE

Now you are going to be dealing with the image files.

Step 4: Copy overflow.tif to H:\PSP\PHOTO

Step 5: Copy index.dat to H:\

Step 6: Copy h.bin to H:\

Now you are done copying files. Start up your PSP.

Step 7: Go to the Images section in your PSP and select overflow.tif. You will see a black screen with two lines of code. Leave for 30 seconds then yank out the PSP battery to restart it.

Step 8: Having rebooted, go to the Game section of your PSP and load the update file. If you're running 2.0, it's the second section from the right. Otherwise, it's the last on the right.

Step 9: You will need to have the AC adapter plugged in for the update to start. Run the update. The update will crash at 99%. Remove the AC Adapter, and pull out the battery to restart.

Step 10: Reboot PSP. You'll probably get some message about corrupt settings. Press Circle to restart the PSP.

Step 11: Run homebrew. Download this to save you the hassle of setting up apps. They go in H:\PSP\GAME

http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,38,899

That should sort you out.

thanks chris im at work now,so i will try when i get back home later,i hope its not another late nite lol :cool: i feel a bit knacked this morning :boring:

If your not 100% confident mate dont do it, as you might brick your PSP if not done right, Chrislad and all the other forum members trying to help you cant be held responsible for mucking up your PSP, its your decision to downgrade no one elses.

Just wanted to drop that in for the guys. it guidence thier offering, they cant sit at your ps/psp and watch you do it.

Spacecat said:
I wanna ask one question

Has Zoidy downgraded??? LOL

Oh, hahahah, I almost split my sides with laughing so much!

Nope, not yet. Dont want to give up my WPA encryption or AVC video just yet, but I'm getting round to coming to the dark side! Still waiting for some decent homebrew apps. Cant seem to find the homebrew internet browser, whats it called?

Z.

i think there might be a couple. but the one i remember most required a wipeout UMD in the drive. that might help with forum searches anyway

I successfully flashed my Jap PSP last night. I did NOT get the black screen with the white text but the overflow still worked. All that happened when I tried to view the tif is that my machine froze. I left it for 30 seconds, took the battery out and then back in, restarted it. I checked in the system settings that my PSP thought it was a V1.00 (which means the first part worked).

You can also check to see if the 1st part has worked by looking in the root of your memory stick for this file: ms0:/index.dat.bak. IF it is there then you should be able to run the v1.50 firmware update to complete the downgrade.

Just to let you know that I did NOT get the black screen with crazy text but it still worked. Just check for that .bak file on your PSP after you have spent at least 30 seconds trying to view the overflow .tif.

Good luck!

BuFF DaDDy said:
If your not 100% confident mate dont do it, as you might brick your PSP if not done right, Chrislad and all the other forum members trying to help you cant be held responsible for mucking up your PSP, its your decision to downgrade no one elses.

Just wanted to drop that in for the guys. it guidence thier offering, they cant sit at your ps/psp and watch you do it.

nice you care about other people but dont worry if it bricks it i just take it back to work and swap it for another 1 ;)

thanks for all the help guys will let you know how i got on :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ive done it :clap: :clap: thanks every 1 and thanks chrislad for being so patient :clap: :clap:

zoidy said:
Oh, hahahah, I almost split my sides with laughing so much!

Nope, not yet. Dont want to give up my WPA encryption or AVC video just yet, but I'm getting round to coming to the dark side! Still waiting for some decent homebrew apps. Cant seem to find the homebrew internet browser, whats it called?
Z.
If you downgrade you can never post here again m8! :D :D :D

Fair play mate!

Just didnt want anyone getting the blame for messing up anyones PSP from forum advice thats all

;)

i did find out though that this works better if you have no wallpaper because i was doing exactly the same thing when i had a wallpaer up then read on a forum to remove it and after i removed it bang it worked straight away :thumbsup:

I had a wallpaper and it made no difference to me. *shrugs*

I miss my wallpaper though. Still have to get that app.

kourosh said:
i did find out though that this works better if you have no wallpaper because i was doing exactly the same thing when i had a wallpaer up then read on a forum to remove it and after i removed it bang it worked straight away :thumbsup:
I tried mine but it didnt work..got a "game couldnt load and some random nunbers

If it didn't work, you didn't do it properly. Simple as that. Thousands of people have done it, and I've yet to see a case in which it didn't work or broke the PSP. Look at the guide I posted earlier in this thread, and follow it EXACTLY. Also, for the sake of completeness, disable the wallpaper feature in 2.0 just to be sure.

chrislad said:
If it didn't work, you didn't do it properly. Simple as that. Thousands of people have done it, and I've yet to see a case in which it didn't work or broke the PSP. Look at the guide I posted earlier in this thread, and follow it EXACTLY. Also, for the sake of completeness, disable the wallpaper feature in 2.0 just to be sure.
I did follow your guide but didnt get rid of Wallpaper will try that tonight

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom